Reply to Thread

Thread: Why doesn't a double block work on Stealing from the Rich?

Zeddd

Why doesn't a double block work on Stealing from the Rich?

In Stealing from the Rich, there's three camps at the top right. Camps, 10, purple 1 and blue 1 on Killste's map.

Why can't you block camp 10 as well as blue 1?

I thought is was due to the trap to the South West of camp 10 but I cleaned that out first.

When I tried to double block, the two blocking generals engaged. The third general just queued for about 30 seconds at camp 10 until the blocking general had been defeated and then attacked.

Timing was fine, I think. Blocking general was well engaged before next general arrived, but was still engaged for ages whilst the next general queued.

Could it be that the non-blocking general was a veteran? Do they not skip blocked camps?

Thanks for the help,
    Z

World
    Northisle
    If it was queued then it means u failed with the timing when sending the vetean/main attack... its all about that... when main general enters the influence area of camp 10 and the other non leader one, both has to be occupied by 2 blocking normal generals only then main general can pass it through.
    As far as i can see the other block is 1R.... blocking two different camps with 1R is so risky nobody do it because its to less time to make a proper block... its just almost impossible to time it properly. The other thing is you only lose 30R on camp 10 so its hardly any point of risking with block on that one.
    Actually any block on sftr hardly gives you any profit since the most loses are on the leader camps not the other one. Camp 1 blue... cmon 11R

This situation you described is even more twisted since camp10 blocks camp 1 blue with the influence.. so this way you should block camp 10 before camp 1 blue general enters the area then block 1 blue... its no way u can do this with 1R because it will be finished to quick.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 10.06.12 at 22:20.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddd View Post
    Why can't you block camp 10 as well as blue 1?
    If you attempt to block that camp, you might have a problem making the battle last enough rounds.

And Ra_V_en is right. Blocks are worth it when you save a lot of lives,
    since they always include some risk even for the most experienced players.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    want help plz, whether it possible to use 2 normal generals with 1R in the same camp for blocking, so that the 3rd general can pass across the enemy camp influence(red) safely. i mean, buy more time for third general to cross the enemy camp.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RokoTep View Post
    want help plz, whether it possible to use 2 normal generals with 1R in the same camp for blocking, so that the 3rd general can pass across the enemy camp influence(red) safely. i mean, buy more time for third general to cross the enemy camp.
    I tried this a couple of times. but it seems that if the battle changes from general 1 to general 2 for a milli second your passing general stil gets intercepted.
    So in my experience. No this is not a solution.
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thxs Nukar!!!! got a valuable information from you. Happy gaming to you n take care.

Reply to Thread