Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disable +500 gold ore from working on other players

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs down Disable +500 gold ore from working on other players

This is just a suggestion to stop the parrot bug being abused, people are openly mass selling gold refills rather than parrot gifts and its pretty obvious they are cheating when you visit them and see their gold mines with 10000+ ore in them.

I wish this had been fixed when it was announced it was bannable months ago, but nothing seems to have been done so far, its completely stopped the trade in none parrot bug gifts due to the difference in gold coin cost.

Stuff like this should be hotfixed fast rather than waiting for the next 1/4 year update to come along.

World
    Northisle

re: Disable +500 gold ore from working on other players

IMHO their NAMES & GUILDS should be posted.

That way, HOPEFULLY, others will stay away far from them, KNOWING ahead of time that they are CHEATS, thus causing them to lose precious 'cash' and inhibiting them on the trades.

It's the only way to punish them apparently. Seems BB is not doing anything about this issue any time soon.

So a "fix" is left up to the players. <sigh>

TSO UNITE!!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, people will not have a problem finding custom if they can provide cheaper items than their competition. Inhibiting the trade of cheats is also very unlikely to occur as plenty would sooner take the business presented to them quickly than have to wait longer for a future trade. It's sadly the way of the world.

I am also starting to think that given the dramatic increase in new gem item prices (the old - 'lets see if those that do spend money will spend a lot more'), that all is not well in the $$ return from TSO for BB, therefore resources are unlikely to be spent on anything they don't deem essential.
    Last edited by Keaneoo; 05.06.12 at 04:40.

World
    Northisle
    ....the way of the word...

You better fix this "stupid typo" before someone else come along! LOL!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    hehe, i'm on it... quickly:P

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update on this issue to tell you that I am stressing this issue in all my weekly reports to the devs.
    Unfortunately, the fix is going to take a long time in the making as the bug is an exploit of the lag between servers and players.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    its still allowing 2 transactions to be saved on the server though, I would imagine it just comes down to the database design. At the moment it probably has a unique ID for each deposit buff generated along with some kind of flag to show if its used or not. It probably assumes a buff can be used if its in your list (this is cached client side so it can't really be relied upon), so it doesn't bother checking if the "used" flag has been set or not. If the used flag was checked every time a transaction was processed then it would instead throw an error when someone tries to abuse the lag.

A similar adjustment would work if you had a second table to store the used buffs, when someone uses the buff the first time, it would delete the buff from the first table and add it to the second. If the buff was reused quickly to abuse the bug, it would then fail to add the buff to the second table since there would already be an entry in it using the unique id used the first time. This would also fix the basket abuse where people can buff other players and buff their own buildings with the same basket.

Doesn't really pass SQL Acid tests at the moment if lag causes issues.

World
    Newfoundland
    @Kotugo: I'm sorry but I'm not an engineer... I really don't understand much more in computing than some basic HTML and how to assemble computer parts. I was told it was mainly lag that was the cause and that fixing this bug could require to rewrite a lot of code (that would impact many aspects of the game).
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Aza:

Where do I send complaints to about this?
    Its abused and not acted upon (i have yet to see a ban for it)
    Its not getting fixed. (its a long known bug)
    Its driving players apart cos some want to play fair, others dont care.
    Its offbalancing the economy setting players like myself back.

So it has become a huge FAIL on BB part. And i dont care if they have to work some programming for it. These kind of issues should be priority #1 if you want to keep the playerbase friendly. These type of bugs/ exploits draw the lower crowed of the online community out of the dark. And i do not feel like seeing to many of those in TSO.
    Nevermind I give up

World
    Newfoundland
    @Nukar: the best way to voice an "official" complaint is to send a ticket to support :x

Best,
    BB_Azariel

Reply to Thread