View Poll Results: Would you like to see Rearch implemented into TSO?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 72.34%
  • No

13 27.66%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A whole new dynamic to TSO- The Game Changer

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Right, first of all, off topic:

Voting against this after you spamming the forums with your idea. I've never been against anything more in my life without even reading what the idea is.
    Spam won't help you get support.

Another vote down
    If that's not the definition of spam, then what is?
    Spam, so a no from me too.
    Your achieving absolutely nothing with posts like this. If there is what you define as spam elsewhere, do what everyone else does and disregard it. As it stands you're just derailing a thread which is obviously written with good intentions. If you're going to take the attitude that such an issue is too important to ignore, then I do wonder how you cope when you walk out of your front door each day.

On topic:

Research and Development, brilliant topic, the only problem I see is that on current design gem items are set to address many of the areas that research and development would. Implementing some of the ideas you list would directly or indirectly effect items BB rely on via gem sales for an income themselves. So to introduce such options would require a lot of planning and maybe even a redesign of gem items that can be bought.

The introduction of such game mechanics would obviously add variety and therefore enhance the overall appeal of the game. To put it bluntly, people would not get bored with the game as quickly as they do currently. Personally I would like BB to approach the topic with a 'hey guys we are looking to introduce research and development functions to x, y and z, suggestions as to how we could best implement this would be greatly appreciated.' mindset on the forums. If they streamline the community towards a certain goal, then I think a lot of very good ideas could be adapted to really improve this game.
    Last edited by Keaneoo; 16.06.12 at 01:44.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Not weighing in on the SPAM argument. Too much drama for me.

As to OP's original idea?

Great thinking.

However. BB has a long way to go implementing trade reform and pvp, and building movement before tackling something like this.

Have you posted here?

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/f...about-the-game

World
    Sandycove
    @Tierarzt
    you contradict yourself .constantly saying this is spam is spam. you only needed to say it once.
    Last edited by lt_peterson; 16.06.12 at 06:38.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_peterson View Post
    @Tierarzt
    you contradict yourself .constantly saying this is spam is spam. you only needed to say it once.
    He was replying to a comment the 2nd time - you appear to have a problem with the fact Tierarzt makes comments on the forum.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Many of these ideas have been suggested before in similar ways - those original threads actually need to be posted on to bring them to the fore and that way individual suggestions will stay near the top.

To the players who "vote" no because they perceive "spam" - don't put people off who think about the game and bring up ideas - no doubt a future thread will only appear in one place. - I wish I was perfect like the moaners.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i dont know about you but before they start improving the game they should look at the ridiculous prices they charge in there trader where you trade with real money,how can a vet general cost less than £10 and the vet with 250 troop capabilities costs almost 3 times more than that at £25 so come on TSO please get your prices sorted thats what is killing the game.
    Last edited by ramesis; 18.06.12 at 14:29.

World
    Sandycove

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Posting the same link in multiple threads is defined as spam.
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/spam
    Oxford says:send the same message indiscriminately to (a large numbers of Internet users).

or do you think its this:
    2 (Spam) trademark a tinned meat product made mainly from ham.

I posted to Relevant threads that had Ideas that I believe could be a part of this idea as well

If it really inconvenienced you to read more than one post about a suggestion on a suggestions forum then please feel free to report me rather than spamming this thread about it.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ramesis View Post
    the only problem I see is that on current design gem items are set to address many of the areas that research and development would. Implementing some of the ideas you list would directly or indirectly effect items BB rely on via gem sales for an income themselves. So to introduce such options would require a lot of planning and maybe even a redesign of gem items that can be bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaneoo
    i dont know about you but before they start improving the game they should look at the ridiculous prices they charge in there trader where you trade with real money,how can a vet general cost less than £10 and the vet with 250 troop capabilities costs almost 3 times more than that at £25 so come on TSO please get your prices sorted thats what is killing the game.
    Good points but I think that BB would find they can still have their cake and eat it too, again with the right balancing, by making it still very hard to reach this level of research, so those players who can afford the easy way out will still find this a justified buy for example a Veteran General.
    But also allow Vets to be researched by "free" members after some hard work in order to keep future PVP balanced between both kinds of players.

It may also leave the game more accessible, bringing more players in so although you may see a price drop in shop items, this drop will be taken up by more players joining.
    Last edited by Seltonejock; 19.06.12 at 08:08.

World
    Sandycove
    I have just found a post on Misszero's thread here That suggested a similar building known as an architect's building.

This had some great features such as converting resources into others much like the provision house but as a constant stream rather than having to manually do it ourselves from the Provision House.

A post by Menla also had the bright idea of certain features of this building being purchased with gems from the shop, a great idea for those players who may feel robbed if all features were free from the research building regardless of the work to do it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Seltonejock View Post
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/spam
    Oxford says:send the same message indiscriminately to (a large numbers of Internet users).
    You may have changed the wording, but the message is still the same.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread