Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle system is wrong

Bruenor

Battle system is wrong

Hi, just a quick suggestion.

I think this battle system is way off for one reason. All the units that are killed are attacking in the next move which is just preposterous.

This should be fixed, so that all the units that are killed by one attack (after one of the units strikes) should be removed from the counterattack and not be given the chance to strike back. It makes no sense.

For example, I attack with my Calvary units and kill all the Dogs (their health bar goes to 0), and in the next move, the Dogs strike back and kill my Calvary units. That is the worst battle system I have ever seen.

Cheers

World
    Sandycove
    I think it's meant to show that both units were fighting simultaneously, only they show the animations consecutively so as to give you time to watch who died and who didn't, otherwise the game would be horribly unbalanced in your favour if you got the first strike every time, Considering they may still use this system with PVP one day is also an issue if they were to change this as again it wouldn't be a fair fight

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes but then what if you attack and kill all there units? then they dont even get to fight.
    Kerrod

World
    Newfoundland
    You haven't killed them until the round is over.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Bruenor
    That's why there is the initiative. If you've ever played TBS games (e.g. Heroes or Disciples), then you're familiar with the default battle systems that come in those kind of games. Those systems are tried and tested many times over and proved to be very good and balanced. IMO it's frustrating to see "killed units" killing and I think that system should be improved. It's a great game here and I only want to see it improve more.

World
    Newfoundland
    bouth armies attack simultaniously, just like in real life, the fact that in the replay you see, always, your army attacking first means nothing. it is just an animation.
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

World
    Sandycove
    Maybe they should change the animation to reflect that rather than the fighting itself

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The biggest problem i see is that melee units attack before ranged ones. Ranged units should ALWAYS have a higher initiative than a melee unit and attack first. Their reload time could be adjusted so as to keep them from being overpowered.

Otherwise, it's useless to have ranged units.

200 archers with 50 grunts should ALWAYS be able to take out 100 grunts with almost no losses - The only time that doesn't happen irl is if it's raining or the commander is an absolute nitwit.

Reply to Thread