Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats best to buy with gems

World
    Sandycove

Whats best to buy with gems

I only have 125 at my curent lev as i`ve only played for 2 days, I dont intend to buy any more, so 2 questions rly.

1. Whats the mose usfull thing to buy.
    2. Apart from hard cash where do they come from.

I read in one guide that when I get to 95 I should buy a nobel residence, what benefit does this have over anything else I could buy with gems.

World
    Sandycove
    While I agree that you shouldn't buy any gems per se, you should purchase the Starter Pack from retail stores with 2500 gems, a Watermill (unlimited water) a Silo (unlimited grain storage) and other useful items to use ingame. This boost in gems would then allow you to purchase enough footballs from the Trader to get a Friary, which isn't available in the building lists and allows you to produce four times as much Brew as a Brewery.

If you don't want the Starter Pack, it depends on what level you are actually at for purchases, but I wouldn't recommend spending it right now. There's not a lot you can get for 125 gems and a Noble Residence is awarded to you at a higher level, but 200 will get you "another" starter pack that provides resources and settlers, whilst 300 can get you a geologist that finds resources much faster than the default...

It's a shame you can't trade footballs for gems - that really could be a difference-maker for those not bothered with the Euro Championship. You also receive gems from a number of consecutive days logging on, or occasionally through completing important quests.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 16.06.12 at 00:31.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ely666 View Post

I read in one guide that when I get to 95 I should buy a nobel residence, what benefit does this have over anything else I could buy with gems.
    Noble deeds do not require a building license.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    screw buying resources and save the gems for 10x license packs (650 gems each). Do not buy anything you can easily produce ingame, it is a waste.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I only buy with gems when I gather enough: recycling plants (3 available 990 gems each) and building licences x10 (650 gems each). Noble deeds, footballs, silos, watermills you can buy these with coins so no need to waste gems on this. This is only my opinion.

World
    Sandycove
    Thx for all the quick replies, think I`ll take all your advise and save them for licences later on down the road.

World
    Sandycove
    They still should make it so that any footballs not spent are converted into their equivalent gem-value.

World
    Sandycove
    agreed

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiletron View Post
    They still should make it so that any footballs not spent are converted into their equivalent gem-value.
    They never have with previous events and there is no need to start now.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    woul dbe silly to convert footballs or eggs or pumpkins or whatever to gems after events really- nice for players- disasterous for bluebyte

The event items are earned from quests and daily rewards and would then be saved up en masse by players for a free conversion to gems after event and presto- cheap gems to buy all kinds of premium goodies

cheap gems from events= less gems sold= bad for bb
    availability of cheap gems = encourage cheating with double/triple accounts for easy access to premium items= bad for BB

and yes- the cheating would happen as it is far too easy to do as is (run account from home and from work and no one will ever know) and if the incentive is that big then be sure people will go through the effort to do so

so 1) it creates a loss of gemsales and 2) it creates a big headache in monitoring for BB to combat cheating- which means it will cost em more money due to extra resources needed to maintain same level of support

Reply to Thread