Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dev Diary] June 2012

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm sure they are aware of the concern; they can read & they also participate on the test server.

To be fair to the devs, I doubt they are the ones controlling it. To quote Qui-Gon Jinn: "There's always a bigger fish" ...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice, so I can just buy all adventures from the Reserve Bench now and do them whenever I want (for the great XP).

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry but I have to push this issue. It feels like they are not connecting with us on this issue.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The price 20,000 gems (£75) for the gem pit or endless cooper mine is to high, and only 1-2% of players will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimotty
    You really should change your first page from "free online ...." to "the most expensive game ever"!
    The game is still free ... You can play it without any cent of real money investment.
    YES some things take more time, but you can play the game like other paying people
    If you play every day, you can earn 45gems per week, and after lvl 32 you will get 170gems per each lvl.
    so after some time of playing you can also buy premium items from the gem shop.

I like events, like the Easter or UEFA event, where you can earn some spacial buildings, generals or building licences (+5 +10).
    I am looking forward to see this science system, the new trade system and mostly the Economic adventures

But I am not happy with the situation on home islands ...
    after lvl 32 is there nothing happening is there any chance to add some feature with bandit of pirate attacks ?
    I imagine that once per week one or two bandit camps will randomly appear somewhere on the island.
    Around this camps will be a area which will grow every day per 1 square, and all buildings within this area will stop production or at least slow the production by 50%. when you conquer this camp within 1 week you will earn 100% of resources steeled from you by this camp, but after 1 week you will get back only 50-75% of steeled resources. Also the strength of the camp should depend on player lvl.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisko212 View Post
    The price 20,000 gems (£75) for the gem pit or endless cooper mine is to high, and only 1-2% of players will pay for it.
    I actually think that 20k for the gem mine is fair enough, you are essentially buying a year long subscription, which £75 is not outlandish for and recieve £150 worth of gems over that time.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabkun View Post
    Is there any plan to implement some way of keeping track on how many buildings of each kind you have?
    http://ceo-economy.appspot.com/#

every time you build you can add them to this and you will know what you have and how many materials are available over different time scales.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The question is ....
    Do You really need so many gems ?
    What will you buy ? ...
    100 pine wood for 28gems
    100 stones for 75gems
    decorations 35-500 gems ?

You can earn 2340 gems by logging every day, and several hundreds of gems by playing the game and rising your lvl...
    Together with week rewards it can be approx 3000-3500 gems per year.
    The most necessary thing from the gem shop is the veteran general.
    Other useful things are : Building licences+10, Watermill, geologist and explorer.
    I hope the veteran general will be again available in next events

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope the veteran general will be again available in next events
    Well you can certainly hope ;-)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    I actually think that 20k for the gem mine is fair enough, you are essentially buying a year long subscription, which £75 is not outlandish for and recieve £150 worth of gems over that time.
    Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head. It's a subscription. Another way to look at it is this: it's effectively a loan to the developer, which pays 100% interest in game currency. That's a good deal for anybody who currently spends as much as £75 per year on gems.

I think it's rather sad that so many people feel it necessary to complain about this. It's the income from expensive items that will fund the further development of the game, so that everyone else who can't afford them (including me) will be able to continue enjoying the game. And anyway, the gem pit is the last thing that anyone should complain about, because (aside from the building) it's not even a game feature, it's just another way of paying for gems.
    Last edited by Winterset; 19.06.12 at 11:44.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The question is ....
    Do You really need so many gems ?
    What will you buy ? ...
    100 pine wood for 28gems
    100 stones for 75gems
    decorations 35-500 gems ?
    Golden Parrot for 75 gems.
    You can sell it on the open market for about 210-250 gc. With the gold coins you can buy loads of resources

None of the other resource/adventures items are compatible with this. I am expecting that gem-trading will be an option real soon, if that happens the influx of gems will increase as people can then actually buy something with their gems.