Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dev Diary] June 2012

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I seem to have taken both sides in this argument. To clear up my position I think the gem mine is ok as it is the equivalent of a lump sum subscription and works out pretty good value for gems. Bottomless copper mine and instant upgrades are badly badly overpriced as it currently stands.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Can anyone confirm that do the reserve bench matches stay in your star menu after the "step 2" ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterset View Post
    I think it's rather sad that so many people feel it necessary to complain about this. It's the income from expensive items that will fund the further development of the game, so that everyone else who can't afford them (including me) will be able to continue enjoying the game.
    Actually, that is the whole point of Micro-Transactions & the Gem-Store. I agree that development needs to be funded somehow (& a profit made by the bean-counters, if you will). Micro-Transactions are the F2P way of currently doing it - to fund development in a way that the old-fashioned way of collecting via subscription has been proven not as effective. Making it F2P gets more people through the door, whereas subscriptions don't. More bodies = more opportunity. Fairly straight-forward.

But the argument here is not that there should not be a Gem-Store, it is at what point do Micro-Transactions become 'extortionate' & I think everyone who has voiced an opinion, one way or the other, has agreed what their cut-off point is.

At the end of the day, the choice is with the player, isn't it? To buy or not to buy. So long as those choices don't impact overall game-play, then it shouldn't make any difference, should it? We'll all have to wait & see.
    Last edited by BilboBadger; 19.06.12 at 13:54.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB Azariel!

My suggestion to Gem-Pit:

Most of us can not afford buy 20K gems for gem pit. It's most of us incredible price.

Should make four Gem-Pit category:

1. for 2K gems. Gem-Pit produce 2400 gems (20 % bonus).

2. for 5K gems. Gem-Pit produce 6750 gems (35 % bonus).

3. for 10K gems. Gem-Pit produce 15K gems (50% bonus).

4. The original for 20K gems. Gem-Pit produce 40K gems (100% bonus).

U can set up which gem-pit how many time can be purchased.

I can speak in my name, I sure buy gem-pit for 2K or 5K but never for 20K. so if this possible then please.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please add option where we could hide the "pathshowing" when is building built.. it's little annoying. When I have building built I don't have to see the path where the settler goes...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    We’ve been working on new elements for high level players in order to increase the level cap in the future. An important part will be the new science system. You will be able to gain skill points and use them in different kind of skill trees.
    This to me sounds like the best idea in this Diary, adding a whole new dynamic to TSO, I've had the same idea in my head for ages and recently made a thread for the idea of a Research Building.
    Though personally I feel this should not be a higher level thing but another side of this game from the start.

If you also have great ideas for this new science element please feel free to post these on this thread, now is the time after all while it is still in the works!!

To BB, it would also be helpful for both the community and yourselves if you could post the very ideas your tossing around for science if you want feedback on any details you feel are up in the air so please post as well

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    the best browser game atm by far
    im loving what you are doing and rly an awesome job
    looking forward to every single update/patch incoming for this year..

World
    Sandycove
    If i buy the rematches before the end of the event to store em in my star menu. Is it possible to play them after 12th of July?

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm really pleased to see all the new developments (new trade will be awesome) and was really excited by the new buildings until I saw the price tag - OMG!!
    Why make the endless cu mine so expensive?? - surely many more people would buy them if they were cheaper - like the recycles - well worth getting and especially for people that sometimes can't log in for long periods of time (as searching for mines is very time consuming, not so bad for copper i know but still).

Surely many many smaller transactions would in the end be far more overall than a few large transactions - please please bring the price down so that average people can buy or save up for them. - You will start to alienate many people as it will just become a game for people with lots of cash to spare which can't be that many in this current climate.

I have bought many gems to say thank you to the game, as I would have spent if I had have bought the game to play, but 20k gems for a copper mine really is crazy in my opinion.

World
    Sandycove
    Hmm, yeah agreed - too expensive. Some great ideas but ... yike, how much?

But let's think about this a bit. If they put the Copper Mine on the store at 20K gems & people do actually buy it, it kinda sets a precedent should they then decide to bring out Endless Mines for the other resources. I shudder to think how much they'd expect us to pay for an Endless Gold mine

Also, if there's an outcry over the price of the Copper mine now? Just think of the uproar there will be once people have already bought it & they then decide to drop the price ...