Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: unit training time

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

unit training time

hello.
    would be nice if you guys could put in the training time on a single unit with thir picture in the barrack.
    And get the % right for the upgrade 100% is a big lie in the barracks and provision house. 100% would be the instant with gems.
    regards

World
    Sandycove
    At the moment they do show the training time for both the unit and the complete order if you hover your mouse over the units being trained.

And as for the 100% I believe there is some confusion but they do have it right- to have something improve by 100% means it is working at 200% or twice as much.

I hope this helps

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i know they got the training time when you train it ut would be nice to have it shown befor you start the training

World
    Sandycove
    agreed I would like that too perhaps even show a percentage completion over the top of the barracks?

World
    Newfoundland
    To get round this I usually make 1 recruit then add after it all I want to build. I then look at the final time and know how long it will all take to be produced. If I then don’t like the time I cancel the units I don’t want till the time is right. I then simply either cancel the recruit from being built or let it build anyway since its just 1 and let the build queue go do its thing. If i'm not happy with any of it i cancel the lot and the recruit and lose nothing.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Seltonejock View Post
    At the moment they do show the training time for both the unit and the complete order if you hover your mouse over the units being trained.

And as for the 100% I believe there is some confusion but they do have it right- to have something improve by 100% means it is working at 200% or twice as much.

I hope this helps
    I don't know what they mean by 100%, but the barracks is not working at twice the speed for each upgrade.

World
    Newfoundland
    The only way it makes sense to me is if they are not talking about the time the unit takes but the speed the barracks takes in time.

For example:

1 recruit = 180 seconds.

The barracks is currently on a 1:1 ratio with a second.

If you increase the timing of the barracks by 100% its now on a 1:2 ratio so every second that goes by the barracks acts like 2 seconds have gone by instead which means 180 seconds just became 90 seconds for the barracks to produce the unit. That’s at lvl 2. At lvl 3 the ratio gets changed to 1:3. It’s done on the base value of the unit at lvl 1 which is basically increasing the ratio by 1 in favour of the barracks each upgrade. So at lvl 3 the time it takes for a recruit to be produce would be 60 secs. At lvl 4 its 45 secs and at level 5 its 36 secs. A simpler way is to just dived the original unit production time by the level of the barracks. Lvl 1 = 180/1=180. Lvl 2 = 180/2=90. Lvl 3 = 180/3=60. Lvl 4 = 180/4=45 and Lvl 5 = 180/5=36. Which are indeed the numbers we get at those levels.

I hope that makes sense to everyone else as that’s the only way it makes sense to me.

It does clearly say it is increasing the recruiting speed (i.e the speed of the barracks) not decreasing the unit production time by 100%.

I do agree though it could be made clearer. Edited this post a few times while trying to get my head around it.
    Last edited by Dopey; 20.06.12 at 09:19.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    That is the way it works. In what universe this is good math and make sense, is still under debate. Since the price for upgrading is ginourmous in material cost and unavailabilty (since they fixed the "bug?" that allowed you to train troops during upgrade), they should use the math from this universe. At level 5 it still takes forever to train soldiers.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Right, it's an easy way to calculate the training duration at certain barrack level---if you know the base level timing. But at higher game level (when usually have upgraded barrack) no much chance to mesauring exactly the training time such units available from certain game level. So could anybody help, please, how much the base traning time for each unit?

World
    Newfoundland
    I can’t be bothered to actually go through and do them all but I can tell you what you need to do to find them all yourself:

Whatever level your barracks is make 1 of each unit and note the time it takes then simply times it by the lvl of your barracks. For example:
    You make a recruit and see it takes 60 seconds to train and your barracks level is 3 so you do 3*60 =180 and so 180 is your base unit training time.

If this is not what you meant then perhaps you can get your answers by experimenting on the test servers and putting down a lvl 1 barracks?
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Reply to Thread