Reply to Thread

Thread: Virtualy impossible to send a ticket to support

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Virtualy impossible to send a ticket to support

Sadly it's impossible to send a ticket to support,
    apparently they either don't exist or don't have an e-mail-adress.

What i wanted to bring to their attention:

Dear reader,

it's already a few months ago, that i informed our ingame mod's about the duplication of parrots,
    gold-refills. I wasn't able to access support at that time, so the moderators promised me,
    that they would bring it to BlueBytes attention.

Now we clearly see it in the ingame trade, that
    players are forced to start cheating too, else they
    won't be able to get a parrot for a decent coinprice any longer.

Can it be so hard to make the gold-refill, just like a love-potion?
    They won't appear while visiting friends, and would
    make an end on the duplication of gold-refills.
    Thus only giftable parrots could be traded from
    one player to another.

If this problem isn't tackled after next maintenance,
    i see it to be a sign from BlueByte to urge players
    to cheat as much as they can. They already left it
    unchanged for over 2 months.

Hope you understand my deepest concern, and
    solve this problem quickly.
    Last edited by Grow; 21.06.12 at 18:36.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I sign the petition!

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Grow,

What do you mean when you say you can't send them a ticket? There is a very easy form you can fill in on the main website via the "Help/Support" button. They don't often miss tickets, so I'm surprised as you don't mention an answer from them.

When did you contact them? You need to give them at least a day or two to get to your request and answer it.

About the golden parrot exploit, we know all about it, but for the moment are not capable of fixing it as it uses the small lag time we have on our servers. Fixing it would require a lot of work from our dev' teams and they are currently working on more important features for the game such as the trade system and the move buildings tools. We hope they will get to it soon, but for the moment we need to be patient.
    We are also trying to figure out a way of tracking the people who abuse of this exploit and we will try to implement something soon in order to punish those who use it.

I hope I've answered your questions on this issue.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I got conformation now, that they recieved the ticket.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Azariel,

There are no more important aspects that should be on a dev's mind right now than stopping this incentive of cheating. It unrightfully cuts TSO in half with one camp of honest players on one side and cheaters on the other. The honest group don't have access to parrots any longer and their gold production has almost completely been nullified as also materials have seen declines in prices due to a lot of players becoming more efficient in producing mass amounts of materials and with it, supply greatly exceeds the demand.

The honest group's only incentive is to not only be true to themselves, but also be true to BB's rules and code of conduct. But BB shows no sign that they are true to this group in any way. Leaving this issue unsolved over 2 months is leaving the honest players in the dark and it is exactly this group that adhere's TSO and BB values more than the ones that cheat. The honest side is seriously affected by the lack of action from BB as the parrot and duplication schemes seriously affect the enjoyment and gameplay of TSO itself.

Honest players can be trying to send support tickets indicating a cheat, and posting forum messages similar to this one over and over again. And Mod's like yourself can keep answering these questions. But if they are not followed by direct action, your monotonous answers are more and more sounding like a "false sense of security" or "marketing talk" in order to save the game from false publicity or reputational damages.

The honest group of players only want one thing. I think I talk for many when I say that NO, don't haste with unlimited copper mines or any other flashy buildings. Fix the parrot cheat first as it really really ruins the gameplay for most of us. This should be TOP PRIORITY for any dev as BB/TSO is about to lose their core honest players.

Reply to Thread