Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well and Wheatfields improvement.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Well and Wheatfields improvement.

I have been playing game for a while now, and I must say if you want to make more than just few farm on your island, building wheat fields is nightmare, I guess many people will agree with me on that. capacity of well is bit better but still considering you need a lot of water for each building it use, is still bit annoying and if you add cost,time spent to build and level requirement, it make it more pain than gain every day, therefore my suggestion is to raise capacity of these structures:

Wells
    1000 > 1500
    1500 > 3000
    2000 (not sure of this one) > 4500

Wheat fields
    200 > 1000
    400 > 2000
    600(not sure of this one) > 3000

As for the costs to build them, think double the cost would be fair enough.

Or instead of changing capacity, make a automatic rebuild on/off option on each field/well, mean once field/well got exhausted it will rebuild it self taking costs of building from your storage without losing level of field/well.

Other thing I think which is must have and will give a reason to upgrade well/field is to not lose level of the build if it is rebuild in exactly same position as it was before.

If you like my ideas please +1 it, as well any input/feedback or additional ideas are more then welcome. Thanks.

Regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Crsnic; 24.06.12 at 18:59.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    sry Greg this is a BIG -1 from me.

All i see here, is that you want a game which plays by its self and when you come back from a period away all your storage is full of resources.

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 for me.

Its not about getting the game to play itself its about getting the game to take over the boring stuff and allow us to setup a system we want to run automatically. Leaving us to then concentrate on fun things to do that actually entertains us. Putting down wheat fields and wells is a massive bore and should not be the thing we need to be focused on doing in the game. It should be handled how we want it to be once it’s been set up.

As it is I can fully appreciate how making fields and wells automatic would make the game fairly futile to play. Like you said, our res would build up without us having to do anything.

The problem isn’t that this is a bad idea because of this. The problem is that it is a good idea so long as there was more in the game to do. The fun should be had in what we then use those resources on, not how we accumulate them. This idea is great but needs more ideas to go with it so it forces the developers to stop giving us boring stuff to do each day and instead give us, ideally fun, or failing that more interesting stuff to do.

It should be easy to manage our resources. The challenge should then be in what you do with the resources. That’s where the fun and entertainment should be. Not putting down wheat fields every time they run out.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Daily maintenance should be reduced. I'd prefer, that wheat and water can be rebuild without blocking the build queue. For me it is (was, see below) 2 hours daily maintenance, where I do nothing else than sending geos around and rebuild wheat, water, mines. And waiting. Waiting. The early game had been fun, and now it is only dull.

It amuses me to see, how players believe that repetitively doing the same thing is "game play". I think each game gets the players it deserves.

I have found a solution for daily maintenance: I don't use bread for settlers anymore. Problem solved. I do an adventure every 3-5 days. As an added bonus: I find the adventure combats so incredibly boring, that I find it sometimes hard to convince myself to do any adventure. Combats on main island had been much better, because you had progress and a useful goal. With adventures you complete one, just to start again. And repeat. Repeat.

So, basically, I do what DaveyDent is proposing: I come online (send a few goes around) and find my storage full of stuff I really do not have a need for.

Best in this game is the boot-screen. The artwork there is really worth coming here. It is a shiny, merry settlers world.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 alright

We definitely need less time spent on replenishing resources altogether, enough not just with replenishing fields and well, but also rebuilding mines and quarries and having to find the SAME DEPOSIT again, I get how people say this is just part of the game but it is a repetitive and dull one that is driving people away, sure it keeps people coming back often but at the same time it breeds frustration.

I nearly groan when the first hour my "playing" this game each day is a list of chores.

Personally I think we need more than just higher levels of wells or even larger capacities.
    The Dev diary for June mentioned a new science feature in the works, I have a thread here on suggestions for how this should be implemented, I recommend making resources last longer overall be one such suggestion for research

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Relay don't know what are you all complaining about , there are silos and watermills, don't say it cost gems ofc ,it does and it costs alot but if u know "how to" u can get them easy 1 per day maybe more.
    It all depends on your play style and what do you want from your village.
    actualy if you get to lvl 50 u can build bottomless wells and "super" wheat fields

Ofc we all want unlimited water , unlimited mines , unlimited wheat fields , self finding mines , 250 general ...

But just be honest and say im lazy to play it please make this game easier for me.
    Last edited by Krle1911; 25.06.12 at 01:49.

World
    Newfoundland
    BlueByte have already given you unlimited water supply with watermills and automatic field planting with silos. Unlimited copper mines are also on the way. If you want premium features, then pay the premium prices.

Remember, BlueByte are a business and they want to make some money. The ideas posted here are taking that away from them.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have purposely chosen not to use silos or mills simply because I have the time to log in and place down the fields and wells for free and not have to fork out the gems or gc to buy them. But if I did get the silos or mills a would still have a problem because all I would need to log in for is to send out my explorers every 16 hours and would take less then 3 minutes which is not much of a game.

If it’s so easy to get them then why have them in the first place? Why not just stop making us jump through superfluous hoops to remove a dull part of the game and instead just give us it in the first place and let us manage and do other, more fun things?

For me this isn’t just about the silos and mills. It’s about the game as a whole and lack of stuff to do. With the added problem of the stuff we are given to do is incredibly boring and could easily be done by untrained monkeys.

Its not laziness that drives me, its boredom. The game is what’s lazy. Lazy in lacking content and instead fobbing us off with wheat field and well building.

Talking about unlimited mines and wheat fields makes it sound like we want to have max storage of water and wheat etc and by changing the wheat fields or wells this is what we will get. We won’t. Using simple numbers: If you need 10 water a day then you make 10 wells to cope with that demand. If we made it so our wells never ran out they would still only produce 10 water a day. We just wouldn’t need to build them again the next day. This wouldn’t give us unlimited water. It would give us unending water which is a big difference. Unlimited water is like saying we can use as much as we like when we like. We cant, we can still only use however much our wells can extract from there unending supply. If the Brazilian rainforest was suddenly never ending that don’t mean IKEA have unlimited amounts of wooden chairs all of a sudden, the wood would still need to be extracted from the forest and made into something first.

If they want to make money then make wheat fields and wells auto replenishing and then make the silo and mill a replacement for a wheat field or well that gives us 2 of its unit per cycle.
    Last edited by Dopey; 25.06.12 at 03:46.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Totally agree with you... There is still plenty of stuff to do every day for me: rebuilding mines, fighting bandits, going to the provision house, training soldiers, maintaining a decent resource production, etc. Oh and chat on global chat too .

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    My idea is not to make game too easy but as one person said, make better maintenance. At the moment rebuilding wheat fields takes too much time and space on the map, considering that I think increasing capacity of the fields/wells would do the trick just find.

@watermills/silos
    Some people play game to enjoy it not to spend money on it. If you want to use these building it is your personal choice, you cant expect people to just use them. Of course someone will say you can get them without paying money, but that while different story. Discussion is about wheat fields/wells.

@high level wells/fields
    Imho by the time you reach such level you can use 3r level fields/wells you will be so bored of rebuilding them you quicker going to find different game than stick to it.

Remember it is just an idea no more no less, may need some improvements, some people wont like it but still, I think this idea is worth looking in to.

Regards
    Greg

Reply to Thread