Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: parrot exploit follow up question

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

parrot exploit follow up question

nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:09.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Feel physicaly sick after reading Azariel, any other developer would disable the parrot until they can fix it. This game is circling the drain if they are willing to leave an exploit like this in. IMO it's just suck as much more cash from the playerbase as possible now.

World
    Newfoundland
    @Qualan: the fact that people can use 1 buff multiple times is a bug. Therefore, exploiting this bug is against game rules.
    @Stoof: I have asked if it is possible to simply disable the parrot until further notice. This is one of the different solutions I gave the team several days back in order to prevent further abuse and I'm still waiting for a response.

"IMO it's just suck as much more cash from the playerbase as possible now."
    Players using this exploit get more out of it than originally planned and other players can also benefit from the buff without spending gems... There is now way we can be making money on this.

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:10.

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with you Qualan in what you are saying...
    Allowing it would be a very simple solution but unfortunately it's not up to me.

This is a game-breaking bug and I've been nagging the devs for months now about it. Letting people use this would go against the rules I myself set up for this game based on directives given to me by my management. I will mention this possibility to the devs and try and get some solution implemented fast.
    For the moment I can only ask you to stay away from this exploit even if I can't give you a proper solution.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I believe you would make a lot less money if you disabled the parrot, and that is why BB is yet to take this obvious action.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Qualan,

I was going to post this this afternoon actually...
    I had a call yesterday with the people back in Germany, the devs have found the source of the problem and we now have a dedicated team working on rewriting the code to ALL the buffs! (yes we need to rewrite some fundamental code) There are two people assigned to this and we hope to have a working result in a couple of weeks.

I don't have any real deadline or time frame for this so I'll let you know when I get any info on it.
    In the meantime, this is still considered to be an exploit so we ask players not to use it.

Thanks a lot for your understanding guys!
    BB_Azariel
    Last edited by BB_Azariel; 18.07.12 at 12:01.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    problem with this even with a screen dump of someone admitting they do this and seeing there isalnd with 5 gold mines sitting with 15k plus ore in each BB does nothing that leaves a very bad taste in ur mouth when ur buying parrots and using them yet others can do the same and then resell the parrot and get there funds back.. thia exploit affects everything that you can cast on others from any refill to any type of buff or charm if you cant fix it then you need to allow it at least till you can fix it because by saying its cheating and we cant trace who does it means half the game is doing it and getting a massive jump ahead of others not doing it.. in essence ur allowing them to have advantage over others you may aswell at least level the playing field saying its ok till we do fix it..frankly i am getting fed up struggling on parrots when others have the midas touch

Reply to Thread