Reply to Thread

Thread: Feel physicaly sick

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Feel physicaly sick

about the parrot exploit answers in the Agora.

Sorry but this is an online game as so anyone cheating to gain an advantage impacts my experience.

Never in all my history of online games have I ever seen a developer turn round and say we know this exploit exists but we can't fix it and we can't tell who is using it and we're not going to disable it.

Sounds to me a bit too much money talks around here.

Disgusting!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB aza is not a developer - just manager for the localized Euro-english servers. So as such he has no impact in decisions made on that side ofBB, just another pipeline of input and requests for the dev team.

So, alas- he speaks with the voice of BB and voices management standpoints and rules in place for the TSo franchise- but can not necesarily change the direction/choices made in another department

He is bumping it up the line and horizontally as far as i can distill from his answers- but the net effect is still unsatisfactory alas. trusting people on their innocent eyes to do the right thing is mostly an illusion

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    Never in all my history of online games have I ever seen a developer turn round and say we know this exploit exists but we can't fix it and we can't tell who is using it and we're not going to disable it.
    This sparkling debate is just a tip of the iceberg.
    The solution is terribly simple:

Get a freshman who just learned 3 lines of pascal programming,
    serve him a fresh dish of BB spaghetti programming and he will reset the flag for parrots, just like the love-potion.

Actually the parrots-exploit might cost BB a quarter of their income as less gems are needed by the players.
    But maybe BB is gaining from it, as there is scientific proof of the fact that games with a good cheat tend to be more popular.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think it matters little why BB are choosing to allow this to continue (don't kid yourself it is their choice, they could easily disable parrot for everybody), it's the fact that they are, and allowing people to abuse it without fear of punishment.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    If I were BB, I would let people think they could keep getting away with it.
    Then I would make a list of the culprits.
    Wait, the culprits are buying gems to get parrots.
    Hmm, this is a sticky wicket.

Reply to Thread