Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Endless copper mine price

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    And I'll repeat myself. You don't need to buy one.

If you NEEDED the item to play the game properly, then I'd agree. But you don't need it. it's a premium feature with a premium price tag.
    Sir... you have made your point. Repeating it 3 times does not help, particularly when you are completely ignoring the points being made back to you.

We all knew we could simply not buy the mine right from the start. The point I and others have been making is that the pricing is completely out of proportion to other items of similar value within the game.

I know you want to think this is just kids whining, but it wasn't from the start and still isn't. So, unless you have something more useful to contribute than "don't buy one", I think you'll find your value to this thread is less than the value most of us are currently placing on the endless copper mine.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Just wondering..is this a Barclays gem mine??

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ah, it is so re-freshening, Tierarzt and his newly invented "premium thingy, premium price". Which one of those "premium" can be translated with "insane"?

That said, from other posts, we know that this Tierarzt bot is playing without gems. This is why it is not really interesting when he speculates about premiumness of price tags. While he is in one third of his posts actually helpful for the great knowledge he has about this game, the rest of his posts serves the purpose to keep everything as it is. The game is the game is the game, thou shall not question the game. I can easily imaging, that he enjoys the game as it is. You just need to throw real-life time against the maintenance problem and, voilà, game plays just nice! If anybody could throw a decent amount of gems against maintenance, Tierarzt competitive advantage would be gone. Daily struggle with copper looks more reasonable when the other option is paying 20k gems.

So it is rather "insane amount of daily maintenance or insane price tag, your choice".

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ochrid View Post
    So it is rather "insane amount of daily maintenance or insane price tag, your choice".
    That seems to sum it up quite nicely.

I think BB have created themselves a problem - The essence of The Settlers is to find resources, gather them and make them into other things. By even introducing the 'endless' material producers they compromise the fundamental basis of the game. Maybe they can resolve this, but I fear they have made a rod for their own back. Maybe they can balance the 'daily maintenance' players with the 'price tag' players, but my experience of other online games suggests that is unlikely - you end up favouring one or the other, even if unintentionally.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    And I'll repeat myself. You don't need to buy one.

If you NEEDED the item to play the game properly, then I'd agree. But you don't need it. it's a premium feature with a premium price tag.

Nobody is talking about need or want and it's totally irrelevant to this discussion.
    Last edited by MOD_Doom2; 29.06.12 at 09:10. Reason: insulting other players is not acceptable.
    Fish.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i have played in numerous 'Free to Play' games and this is unfortunately the way things go. Micro cash items normally start cosmetic or just give a little boost as a fair price even or those with restricted disposable income. Then as the game gets more popular prices of new items start to go up and their value in giving an advantage becomes more apparent.
    I can only put it down to greed on the part of the game producers, they see cash and they want more. Soon items start to appear that while they may not be 'essential' to the game give such an advantage to the cash rich players that it makes it almost impossible for the grinder and farmer to compete
    Watch and see what happens once they start to introduce PvP

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    It's sad but it's true...

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Tierarzt! I think you are out of place! I usually read posts to know last news and in discussions like this (about gems' prices and similar) you say always the same think " You don't need to buy it ". Here in the forum everyone can give his/her opinion about the topic and like everyone else, you should accept it. I think that repeating hundred of times the same thing annoyes all, not only me. Please, relax!!! It seems money earned by gems go into your pockets. And read also something about Netiquette (if you don't know what it is, please find it in Google), it would be a good start for a better 'living' with all of us.

Best wishes! NellaCocci

PS: I excuse for mistakes but i'm not a mothertongue!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i dont see much of an advantage gained with endless copper mine tbh not in game play nor in future pvp. If some people want to sink it into the game, good luck to em i'd say

copper mines are easy to find and build and cheap to upgrade and buff- you buy off some tedium so goo dluck to the buyers and good for all to boot as it finances the game some more to keep running.

If you look at the price compared to watermills and silos etc , then it seems hugely out of whack- but if you look at it from a different perspective it is completely balanced really.

To run a mostly maintenance free copper production chains at th ehigher level you would probably need around 2 or 3 coppermines: i.e. 40-60k gems

to run a mostly maintenance free waterflow you would need around 40 watermills - give or take a few-@ 895 gems- say around 35k gems- but much higher upgrade cost

to run a mostly free maintenance wheat production you would need around 45 silo's @ 750 once again close to that 35k mark - and once again hugely higher upgrade cost

All in all- gem for gem and convenience for convenience it makes sense, cash outlay wise it doesnt however- a few 100 for a browster game

World
    Newfoundland
    When you put it like this I understand more why BB have put the price of the copper mines up to such levels. As you say though it’s a little irrelevant still when it’s such a large one lump sum.

They need to think about how to achieve the same price but allow us to gradually build up to spending the 20k, like we do for the watermills and silo.

Something like:

To buy the endless copper mine costs 2000gems. It then produces 1 copper every 10 mins. We can upgrade it like normal so the max result then would be 5 copper every 10 mins. But the twist would then be if we wanted to decrease the time to a normal copper mine of 3 mins then we need to buy a jolly geologist for 300gems. Once we have him in our star menu if we click on him one of his options is a button called ‘Copper mine worker’ or something like that. When we click it he becomes like a buff and our endless copper mines get highlighted. We click on one and he disappears into it never to be seen again. When we then look at the copper mine its now down to 9 mins for 1 copper or 5 if upgraded. Obviously the times would need to be worked out better so buying X geos and buying the mine in the first place = 20k gems to make it take 3 mins but I hope you see my point. If it works out the time or amount of geos would be impractical then make a new gem buying unit like ‘Copper mine worker’ that costs 900gems or something. This way we can build up to having the endless copper mine we have now but in easier more manageable payments.

This however is really only addressing the complaint of why is this 20x more expensive then the other endless things. I still think everything is still too expensive in the first place. Particularly the endless copper mine since there is still a bit of a gap between 3 endless copper mines and the 40+ mills or silos. And a number of other items provide a terrible mechanic that could be better for the cost.
    Last edited by Dopey; 30.06.12 at 18:33.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Closed Thread