Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Endless copper mine price

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle

Endless copper mine price

20,000 gems for an endless copper mine?!

That's £75 of real money. £75!

Insane.

Seriously... someone with some perspective at BB take a step back and look at about £75 or 100 Euros of REAL money as a value for a copper mine, no matter that it's 'endless'.

I wouldn't pay £75 for a game, never mind a small element of a game.

You are off your heads.

Great game mind.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    117.0300 US dollars

Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    20,000 gems for an endless copper mine?!

That's £75 of real money. £75!

Insane.

Seriously... someone with some perspective at BB take a step back and look at about £75 or 100 Euros of REAL money as a value for a copper mine, no matter that it's 'endless'.

I wouldn't pay £75 for a game, never mind a small element of a game.

You are off your heads.

Great game mind.

World
    Northisle
    I can't help but agree, this is so far beyond the borderline of insanity that I'm considering investing in shares of strait jacket manufacturers.

All of the trader items added over the last couple of months have been grossly overpriced relative to both the real and the original items on offer. I'd go as far to say that everything is priced about 5x what it should be to encourage consistent and fair micro transactions.
    Fish.

World
    Northisle
    ...and then there's the interesting use of the word 'endless'. If it were truly endless, then it wouldn't amortise after 600 days at level 1 (or 120 days at level 5?). A recycling plant is endless and a watermill is endless and neither are subject to amortisation. They're also significantly cheaper.
    Fish.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    should be the same price as a recycling plant, copper ore and coal have settled at similar trading prices so they both have about the same value to players.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    should be the same price as a recycling plant, copper ore and coal have settled at similar trading prices so they both have about the same value to players.
    Excellent point.

'Endless' coal plant is 990 gems, yet 'endless' copper is 20,000?! It simply makes no sense at all. These are similarly valued resources for players, but BB is altering their value by a factor of more than 20. Copper is NOT more than 20 times as valuable as coal.

Someone at BB has gone completely gem-crazy. I like this game, I've even spent money on it, but this is ludicrous. The gem pit looks an OK investment for someone planning to play for a very long time (a year to get double the gems), it's basically a £75 subscription for a year, but the copper mine price is crazy. I do hope this isn't a sign of things to come, because BB won't see another penny off me if it is. I'll keep playing, but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money for so little return in the game.

World
    Newfoundland
    You don't have to buy them
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Who is responsible for deciding on these prices? It would be nice to know if its someone at Bluebyte or Ubisoft, or maybe even the name of the actually person deciding it.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    You don't have to buy them
    That's not the argument and is frankly a tired non-sequitur that people seem to enjoy throwing into discussion where they have no valid point.

The suggestion is that, for people who do spend money on gems, the price of the Endless Copper Mine is hugely unbalanced relative to the cost of other infinite supply items. The fact this seems to be following a theme of recent high-priced items is only going to serve to put people off the game rather than encourage sales.
    Fish.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    £450 for 6 endless copper mines..... bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by RawrUK View Post
    That's not the argument and is frankly a tired non-sequitur that people seem to enjoy throwing into discussion where they have no valid point.
    Tierarzt makes a lot of dumb comments like that... I think his just a youngster tbh.
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 28.06.12 at 13:32.

Closed Thread