Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seasons.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Seasons.

hi i think changing seasons as well as day and night would be really cool for this game. well worth it imo.

World
    Northisle

Arrow seasons

WOW - I think that would certainly add an extra level of challenge.

Just imagine:
    ...that your workers won't work in the rain or snow
    ...must clear snow away from mines for 3 hours before they can mine any ores
    ...or that your hunters are all afraid of the dark - the time when most animals are active
    ...or that all 45 of your farms don't produce during winter months, and your wells freeze over
    ...or that you now need 162 forestors just to keep the fires going to stay warm

And THEN think how many GEMS the snowplows (or snow shovels) would go for in the Shop. EEEEK!
    The scary possibilities are endless!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    god hope not play another game they chage the lanscape when it snows its a nightmare trying to play

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    play another game they chage the lanscape when it snows its a nightmare trying to play
    really? which game is that? sounds challenging!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Land of Destiny uses seasons. Each seasons has 'certain rules' - like extra wheat in the summer, not attacking in winter etc etc. The also have the use of building watch towers and barracks to expand areas and gain greater influence/control. There is some merit in this game idea but on the whole I think there are better things we could do now to develop this game more.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Elles0705 View Post
    really? which game is that? sounds challenging!
    Chronicles of Merlin had the same kinda thing... extra attacks during one season, no PvP during another etc.... it was a pain in the butt lol

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    well i think seasons is an absoulutely excellent idea and i think it would add a whole element of challenge to things

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinylord3000 View Post
    well i think seasons is an absoulutely excellent idea and i think it would add a whole element of challenge to things
    Agreed! And NEW challenges are what we ALL could use at this point in the Beta Testing/Live release of Beta Testing!

I may have to try out the games that others mentioned -- to see this for myself! It would not take much to win me over to a new game, atm.

Have a great evening/day! :-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Elles0705 View Post
    Agreed! And NEW challenges are what we ALL could use at this point in the Beta Testing/Live release of Beta Testing!

I may have to try out the games that others mentioned -- to see this for myself! It would not take much to win me over to a new game, atm.

Have a great evening/day! :-)
    i agree with these peeps
    i think it was a valid idea with good potential. will have to see wether the game admins like it or not but i think its a workable idea with a wide scope for ideas. mabe coment with what you would like the seasons to offer rather then complaining and they also might listern to them

World
    Northisle
    Maybe weather could suddenly come in at say... level 40, that way I could avoid it for now and the high level players could enjoy their extra challenge... call it.. late onset global warming?

Reply to Thread