Reply to Thread

Thread: Shift-click to guide Generals

World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Shift-click to guide Generals

I was thinking last night about the way the General moves to engage a Bandit Camp, and thought wouldn't it be great if you could avoid certain camps and attack them in order of strength. That's why I think you should be able to hold down shift, and left-click to so you can guide the General (therefore your army) around problem areas.

5 consecutive guiding actions should be the limit, however.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    And make the combat system worthless. everything is based on the movement of the general.
    If u can adjust the direction, then u will fight like 80% of the camps less.

This means u get 80% more game progress speed, meaning BB can stop building the game and rewrite the whole thing.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotax View Post
    And make the combat system worthless. everything is based on the movement of the general.
    If u can adjust the direction, then u will fight like 80% of the camps less.

This means u get 80% more game progress speed, meaning BB can stop building the game and rewrite the whole thing.

Not necessarily in the original settlers games u could hold shift and click and ur troops would go straight to that camp instead of detouring..... with this idea all it means is that u could choose which camps u want to hit first... game dynamics still stand... u still have to defeat all camps before claiming the sector..... but it would still have to be limited in the respect that u cant hold shift and click on the bandit leader camp and bypass all other camps in that sector..... but maybe u could do this system to allow u to move more easily through the sector by taking out smaller camps first and only being able to hit the bandit leader camp after clearing all other camps in that sector... therefore leaving game dynamics in place while making it a little easier to hit smaller camps....

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    u still have to defeat all camps before claiming the sector.....
    Well for adventures this could be done, but for your island it cant(for adventures actualy the same) becouse those things are not made to walk around camps.
    When u kill the leader u completed it, so if u avoid all and go straigth to the leader u will progress way to fast.

Thats my point, i agree to have an option like that (dont get me wrong) they always walk the opposide way then i want him to haha.
    But i just know without rewriting the whole system it cant be done that easy. just becouse u get "bugs"/"glitches" and verry fast levelers.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotax View Post
    Well for adventures this could be done, but for your island it cant(for adventures actualy the same) becouse those things are not made to walk around camps.
    When u kill the leader u completed it, so if u avoid all and go straigth to the leader u will progress way to fast.

Thats my point, i agree to have an option like that (dont get me wrong) they always walk the opposide way then i want him to haha.
    But i just know without rewriting the whole system it cant be done that easy. just becouse u get "bugs"/"glitches" and verry fast levelers.

As i stated earlier it would have to be done with minor camps and not camp leaders..... they would have to make it that u can't challenge a camp leader until ALL minor camps in that sector r defeated first so as to stop people from bypassing minor camps and going straight for camp leaders...... but i agree.. i doubt it would be easy to implement.

Reply to Thread