Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reply From PEGI

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Reply From PEGI

I've seen many people in chat, myself included ask about the PEGI 7 rating etc. Yesterday I emailed Pegi.info and have just a couple of minutes ago received a reply from them. I'm posting this so it will hopefully make users understand more of why the game is PEGI 7 rated....

Dear XXXXX, [Name edited by me]

Recently we received your reaction via pegi.info. First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in the PEGI system.

I’m sorry to hear the moderators are so strict, however these individuals have no connection with PEGI, nor are they enforcing any policy which is associated with PEGI. Unfortunately I can’t change the way they are acting. However, if a PEGI 7 game would contain the word “poo” or textual references to animal slaughter, the rating would not be raised.

Regarding the Online content descriptor, we can only warn for potential online threats, not protect youngsters. This is up to the parents and the moderators of a game. We cannot actively monitor all games that feature an online mode, nor do we want to this this. This would be a seemingly endless task.

The PEGI ratings are being composed with the use of an extensive questionnaire that deals with several topics, among which e.g. bad language, violence, and sex. Depending on the way these topics are represented in a game, a different age rating is the final result, accompanied by a certain content indicator.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you still have any questions after reading this e-mail, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    would have been better if you posted your questions to.

This is by far the most fun MOD-rant i have ever seen on these forums.
    It simply funny to see you have to hide behind PEGI cos you are not capable of following ingame rules.
    Sure the rules are related to the PEGI rating already given to TSO, but if and how BB decides to uphold this rating is up to BB not PEGI.
    Your smart enough to know how and where to get awnsers, yet you failed to grasp the real failure on your side.

thnx i havnt had a good laugh in a while.
    Nevermind I give up

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    would have been better if you posted your questions to.

This is by far the most fun MOD-rant i have ever seen on these forums.
    It simply funny to see you have to hide behind PEGI cos you are not capable of following ingame rules.
    Sure the rules are related to the PEGI rating already given to TSO, but if and how BB decides to uphold this rating is up to BB not PEGI.
    Your smart enough to know how and where to get awnsers, yet you failed to grasp the real failure on your side.

thnx i havnt had a good laugh in a while.
    Actually the rating has everything to do with PEGI and nothing to do with BB. BB in the 1st instance rated the game PEGI 13, PEGI then lowered that to 7. I suggest you get your facts straight before you get egg on your face

World
    Newfoundland
    It is still up to BB to aim for a certain rating. PEGI then can re-evaluate and re-asign a rating.
    So keep your eggs, the fact dont matter here. PEGI isnt the one that gets to decide anything about the MODs or gamerules here

but please do continue, its still funny.
    Nevermind I give up

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    It is still up to BB to aim for a certain rating. PEGI then can re-evaluate and re-asign a rating.
    So keep your eggs, the fact dont matter here. PEGI isnt the one that gets to decide anything about the MODs or gamerules here

but please do continue, its still funny.
    As you yourself already stated my OP doesn't include anything I said. Therefore it's only fair for you to not assume just by reading any reply back from PEGI. Perhaps you want to troll elsewhere

World
    Newfoundland
    [quote]I’m sorry to hear the moderators are so strict[quote]
    Its their first comment after the 'thnx for contacting us'...
    So then please do explain your intentions here.
    Better yet explain why you felt the urge to contact PEGI. Also do post you full set questions. Proof my assumption to be wrong.
    Nevermind I give up

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yawn. I suppose this thread is turning out to prove what another thread says about how some people get away with trolling and nothing happens to them. Yet if I start to bite to your unhelpful trolling I run the risk myself of getting a sanction for my reactions.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Boi View Post

I’m sorry to hear the moderators are so strict, however these individuals have no connection with PEGI, nor are they enforcing any policy which is associated with PEGI. Unfortunately I can’t change the way they are acting.
    Sounds to me you are trying to stir the poo which is pegi-7 proof and tried to find some basis to complain about mederators- why else would that reference be in there. You obviously think they are too strict- also onferred by the reaction from the pegi organization and are now calling people trolls for having a chuckle about your effort to find faults with BB

Alas, as that e-mail also shows, that for complaints and issues you should be at Blue Byte, not anywhere else. And to refresh you rmemory:

The-Settlers-Online-Code-of-Conduct-Forum-and-In-game-Chat-Rules

Anyway it is also super weak to not post your original question as asked to the Pegi ratings organization and then hide behind the fact that you didn;t post that. The question would put the answer in the right context. Alas for you, the answer contains enough references to the question to show that it was probably a complaint or a rant against BB and moderators- and now i am guessing, because you couldn't get your own way in another way i.e. through support.

And to react to the accusation of strict mods- some are stricter than others and some have good and bad days and strict and lenient days- just like anyone else. Sometimes mods are intrusive in a chat by being too strict and other times you wish they were there and acting. As they are volunteers you will have to accept that the margins of acceptable behaviour will vary a bit. You still have protection from power abuse by mods through support or BB representatives in chats as well and other than that- cases where people are unjustly warned or removed from chats are few and in most cases the warnings or actions were warranted. If you behave erring on the side of caution, they will see little reason to warn or ban\

It is a two way street. If chat as a whole is well bahaved, margins of acceptability are usually a lot bigger than when it is very unruly or disruptive due to actions of multiple people. This is no different than in regular every day life and something you will have to accept

World
    Newfoundland
    People can't give valid comments when you only post half the story.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Meh i dont need or want you to get sanctioned.
    Yes, im having a laugh. And your not giving me any reason not to. You stil have not made your point. What was your aim with this topic? Why did you in fact feel the urge to mail PEGI.

I am not trolling you, in fact i regard your starting topic as a lame mod-rant/ troll attempt hiding behide the facade of being smart for mailing them.
    Proof me and others that im wrong with laughing at you. i dont mind being wrong. But the more nonsaying replies i see from you the more im sure im right.

You hide behind the idea that im a troll, yet you dont proof me wrong or give me a reason to shut it.

People can't give valid comments when you only post half the story.

There's only one troll here and it isn't Nukar.
    giving it a shot yourself ?
    Nevermind I give up

Reply to Thread