Reply to Thread

Thread: marble quarries - get the job DONE for Pete's sake!!

World
    Northisle

Angry marble quarries - get the job DONE for Pete's sake!!

Why? WHY??!!

Someone please tell me why a settler will leave TWO marble in a quarry, and go to work on an adjacent one -- until it is near empty -- and then both (or three!) exhaust almost at the exact same time?!

Is this by design to frustrate the average player, or by happenstance? Why don't they work one quarry till it's gone, then move to the other?? It seems to only happen with marble! ARGH!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Elles

sry don't get the question/questions?

The Marble Masons like the Stone Masons will always mine the nearest deposit, always has done, always will do.

If your masons nearest deposit has run out and the other is almost depleted then all i can suggest is that you delay sending your geo out until the second deposit is deleted aswell. Then next time send your geo out as soon as possible when his nearest deposit becomes depleted again.

have a good day :-)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Assuming what Elles says is true, could this be something about a lvl 3 quarrier not going to a marble deposit with only 2 remaining?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    Assuming what Elles says is true, could this be something about a lvl 3 quarrier not going to a marble deposit with only 2 remaining?
    Hi Stoof,
    My marble mason is only level 2, so yes it's understood that he will take 2 marble out of the deposit each time (unless buffed, of course).

All I was saying, is that more times than not - he will abandon that last 2 marble for a long time -- and go to work on the quarry right next to it. (I'm talking about Sector 5 -- the 2 marble deposits found there.) And he'll work the deposit "next door" to the one "abandoned" until all of a sudden, they both exhaust within seconds of each other.

The point I was trying to make, was why don't they finish one quarry completely BEFORE moving next door to begin working? (Only talking about Sector 5 here -- I haven't really paid attention to the marble quarries in other sectors.)

And now here's another thing. Today I built a second LVL2 marble mason in Sector 5 --- I happened to look at some point and BOTH settlers were working on ONE quarry at the same time! Go figure ....

@DaveyDent - I have learned NOW not to send a geo in "anticipation" of a marble quarry going dry! But mathmatically with prod. times plus estimated exhaustion time of quarry, and the fact it will take a geo 30 minutes to find one, you should be able to do just that. That's not the way it appears to work though (for marble quarries, anyway). argh

Have a great day!

Reply to Thread