Reply to Thread

Thread: With what logic?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

With what logic?

Hello everyone and especially those responsible of the game.
    I play The Settlers Online for three months and I find the financial requirements of the game unacceptable. First the Gems market is almost one way as quickly a player will need additional Building Licences in order to continue the game.
    The absurd is the price of Gems and especially for an unfinished game. I wonder if these values are beta, how normal is it?
    With 50 € can buy almost nothing with as much economy and wisely manage the 11000 Gems. Expensive and costly production of games (Call o Duty, Battlefield, Diablo, Aion and the list could easily fill a screen) with 50 € have full access to all features of the game forever.
    Well gentlemen Managers of The Settlers Online just look at your competitors (Ikariam, Travial and others) and you will understand what economic policy.
    Three my acquaintance after two months playing the game gave it and the same I would do if I was not a fan of titles of Settlers. So if you want to increase your people and not be limited to a few fans of title, changed the economic approach, especially in a economic crisis.
    And the “word of truth” take a poll to show all the opinions of all those involved in the game.
    I hope to hear an honest opinion from someone who truly loves the game.

World
    Newfoundland
    I love the game and you don't need to buy any gems to enjoy it.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I love the game and you don't need to buy any gems to enjoy it.
    I can’t understand how you can enjoy a half-game? Because with not Gems play the 2/3 of the game.
    Since you love the game, why not support people who are behind this so that your favorite game continues to exist and develop?
    The problem is not the Gems, but their prices.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    1) apparently it is the game infrastructure that is in beta, not the game. german and US versions are not in beta and are the same game
    2) Gems are not needed- Consider playing without gems as "hard" version as you need to manage with less licenses or trade very wise to get gems for in game coin and/or max your noble residences from gembought noble houses (again from other players).
    3) a small amount of gems will go a looooong way- 650 gems is 10 extra licences- around 4 of those will set you up for most licenses you will need throughout the game so for less than 5k gems you will have enough licenses to have an economy to be more or less self sufficient and have stuff left to sell/trade
    4) Most of the stuff you need will come from adventures- you do not need gems for those
    5) Most expensive gem items are fluff or convenience items- they will make your gameplay less painfull in the tedious department (think silo's waterworks, endless copper mines) or quicker (refills on mines, drillplan, exotic baskets, vet general, vet explorer jolly geo) or easier to manage (like frairies, buy adventures for gems , buy special event reward items for gems etc)

None of those last items are needed to enjoy the game and with no pvp they are not needed- i know plenty of people that traded for their gems for licenses, trade for silos etc without buying gems. The fact they buy the items gives indirect income to BB because someone else is buying em though.

I presonally have no problems with convenience items costing relatively a lot. It is the same in any other f2p game. Some basic items are cheap and some luxury items are expensive. Look at extra vet generals, silos endless coppermines etc as luxury and extra licenses and parrots as basic items. The basic items are prices in such a way that most people can go a very long way with a limited investment in the game and basically can reach full potential in gameplay. So while pricing of luxury items is an issue and imo too expensive, that is a choice BB has to make - Same way a ferrari is expensive - some think too expensive for what you get, others think it is just ok :P

Reply to Thread