View Poll Results: Add extra building rewards to bad adventures?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

79 86.81%
  • no

12 13.19%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sons of the void/Secluded Experiments

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The XP efficiency needs to be based around the losses without blocks though since they are not supported, There could be an update any time which disables blocks completely seeing as they seem to be viewed as bug abuse by the devs. What are the losses per XP if the adventures are done without blocks?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    We also need to remember that Sons of the Veld is a resource adventure.
    Thus you cannot compare it to those epic adventures giving fancy buildings...

You need to compare it to other experience adventures, and none of them give anything fancy in the loot. They give XP.
    I once made a comparison between the most common experience adventures.
    It is based on having a veteran general and crossbowmen, and playing them all according to my guides.
    In that comparison SotV isn't that bad (a good incentment to get that veteran general)...
    I’ve seen that list before, it made me stop and think. But as I said above already its not about 1 singular thing that makes SotV useless like XP gained. It s about a number of things which we calculate and boil down into a singular value in our heads that makes us say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Mostly based on the amount we lose and the effort needed to be done to acquire the gain.

Looking at that list it makes it look like SotV is pretty competitive. But you can tell it isn’t or it wouldn’t sell on the market for fish food.

Assuming they are all the best units and amounts you can do them by I did a quick calc using a spread sheet I have that lets me put into it unit amounts for each type of unit and gives me a gc total value of the loss.

HB: 2808
    WotS: 4017
    Traitors: 2457
    DP: 2907
    SftR: 2314
    SotV: 2418

The cost to do them is based on old numbers from 3-4 months ago so they don’t reflect prices atm. But there still valid because I’m using the same numbers for all of them so 400bs still = 10gc for HB, Traitors, SotV etc.

When I then compare the value of each of them it does indeed make SotV look desirable. Same for traitors and SftR.

However that is until you factor in other variables. The first of which for me that puts me off doing it is blocks. To get that troop loss on SotV requires block after block after block. Which means it has multiple points of failure and multiple chances to increase the unit loss count. The second thing is loss of Cav since losing 220 Cav is time wasting getting them back again. Third, while it does have a loot spot to give away making it have a x2 loot value over the other adventures listed your doing some of the others up to 6 times which means 6x the loot and a couple of those have a loot spot to give away too. They would reduce the higher gc loss then if solely based on XP. Fourth, SotV is time consuming compared to other adventures listed. Its big and messy, dull and tedious. So really are all adventures but at least they can be over and done with sooner.

I don’t profess that some of these are GOOD reasons not to do SotV. I’m sure that there is amount of lack of effort and laziness involved which some might argue is not BB’s fault. Which I can agree with to an extent. But this is a game, people play it to have fun and in some respects be lazy. If each fighting of a camp gave like a mini Total War map we used to actually fight with our army and took cover in trees, dodged and ambushed our enemies and the outcome was not already calculated before we click the attack button then there would be reason to ‘enjoy’ maps like SotV. As it is, its just point and click while trying to get frustrating timing right. I’m sure for some they see this as a challenge and fun but I can only assume like me most players don’t find it fun at all which is why the market places SotV at practically nothing. I’m also pretty sure BB never envisioned blocking as being part of the game. Which if you take blocking away puts the troop loos on SotV way, way up compared everything else. The path of least resistance will always be what the people want. I’m not saying BB should therefore give us a silver spoon lined path. Just that it should be a guiding factor in how they design and implement there adventures if they want the bulk of there players to play it and put a few patches of copper in the road. Not lumps of thick insulating rubber instead.

Also just for comparison:

HB: 2808
    WotS: 4017
    Traitors: 2457
    DP: 2907
    SftR: 2314
    SotV: 2418

The Nords: 467
    With 27k XP + LS

What we should compare things to and what we actually compare things to are completely different things. There is ‘epic’ adventures and then there is not really worth it adventures when you can get something so much better. The gap should not be that far apart imo, it elevates the Nords to much and diminishes the other adventures from worthless to ‘its all I’ve got and my army is doing nothing’. This to me is just bad.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Reply to Thread