Reply to Thread

Thread: hire new economist

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

hire new economist

nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:10.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    That was the first thing I noticed today too, no way would anyone that can budget their resources pay so many gems for an upgrade.

I might be tempted if it was 10-20% of current gem prices but when were gems worth less than a coin?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:11.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    The instant update button should only speed up an already started upgrade. That way you can lower the gem price on it.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've spent the last half and hour tapping out some sums on my very large calculator. You know the sort I mean. Calculators, not sums. The buttons are nice and wide apart and when your finger hits the 5 button you don't have to look up and see if it's a 2, 6, 4 or 8. Whoever invented this large calculator really understood what it's like to work with numbers at speed. Great intuition.

Well anyway about the maths.

In a period of seven days you will actually spend 33% of that time asleep. Now I have to caveat this. I am diagnosed Bipolar II and that does bring with it some issues regarding my circadian [sir-k-d-ann] cycle ( the 24 hour wake sleep cycle ). But if we leave me to one side, as the proverbial odd one out, I think we can assume that most players in the game need an average of 8 hours sleep per day.

In the same seven day period we also need to consider personal hygiene, comfort breaks, eating and drinking. I've separated eating and drinking out as I do not believe many players can actually eat or drink and play. There's also an inherent risk that they spill what they are drinking over their pc and bring their gaming experience to an abrupt end.

I sort of estimated that most of us would need about an hour per day to carry out the above functions. I accept this time will escalate with age, without remorse or ceilings.

I was also given to put some time to one side to work ... I know, I know ... I'm sorry I used the "w" word this close to the weekend. I hope the moderators look down upon me pitifully and put this faux pas down to a momentary lapse of composure. It happens and I appeal to their sense of humanity to look kindly upon my poor worthless soul. I estimated that most of us would probably want to allocate about 9hrs per day to the "w" word. I think we have to accept we are in extremely hard economic conditions and regardless of guilt or otherwise "most" of us are in this together.

That left me with a residual balance of 6hrs per day that the average human being could devote legally to this game. Or looking at this from another view there are only 42 hours during which the barracks are actually going to be unavailable. Now if you were an economist you would have been able to come to this simple conclusion yourself.

So I have to say that your mindset needs to be altered - we could always opt for electro-therapy - but the cost in gems does make this treatment a port of last call.

Alternatively may I make a suggestion ... is it not possible to build up plenty of troops before the barracks goes off line or

Go on holiday for a week to say Spain or Tenerife (lovely there) or

Sleep for 16hrs per day during that week and then don't sleep the week after or

Play the wife’s account whilst she is busy with housework (I know - my bad :-))

Best
    Nuttymut :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 21:11.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The Move buildings feature currently in testing is another over-priced one but there is at least the choice of gems or resources. Angela Merkel must be the economics advisor to BB.

Reply to Thread