Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why so expensive?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

why so expensive?

Hi,

I like this game very much but I don't understand why it's so expensive? Whats the point?

I have spend some money already on the game but I am not planning to spend anymore money on it and just continue playing for free as it is now I am willing to spend more than 100 euros in month on this game but it make no sense.... if I get 15.000 gems for 10 euros I am willing to spend 100 euro per month and I am sure that many people think like me ....I mean that at this stage there is no benefit from ordering anything from you guys... you are too expensive ....I can bet that if you keep the prices as they are now but increase the amount of gems you will double your orders and make more money ... I do understand however that you need to work hard to make you settlement but this will not bring much money to your company I guess ...I think it is even worst ..you are losing a lot of money already by making this game expensive as hell ...

anyway , I do like this game and I play it on a daily basis ..keep on the good work and think about what I said ..maybe you'll make lots of money

have a great day!
    Last edited by gbchelper; 13.07.12 at 20:39.

World
    Northisle
    If they make it cheap you would have your map filled in notime there looking the game to last yrs not months

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
    If they make it cheap you would have your map filled in notime there looking the game to last yrs not months
    Players don't generally stick around for years not months......... And I Agree with OP..... It is very over priced.... Really an endless copper mine 100 EU or $120 AU For real?
    etc etc etc.... Either more Gems or reducing the gem cost in game would see more people buying

If 10 people are willing to pay $100 for Gem mine
    BUT 250 people willing to pay $10 for it.... Which is the better of the 2 options?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't mean anything by this, but basically the bottom line is buy or don't buy..

there is already few threads about prices of gems and or trader items so yea

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Don't get me wrong or anything , the game is super good but it's very expensive and what I wanted to point a finger on is that they are losing money and I think their managment is kind of stupid ) They can make a lot of money with good strategy. I am already on 35 level and as you see I continue to work on improving my settlement but would be better for us - the people that are willing to spend some bucks - to be more cheap ...now it's just crazy expensive as hell
    enjoy the game guys!

World
    Newfoundland
    Expensive??

5 month= lvl 40= £ 0.00

Expensive?
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

World
    Newfoundland
    This is the cheapest game I've found.. you don't need to spend any money at all!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    buy a starterspack for E10,- an dyou get 2500 gems for free in vouchers.. and some cash, extra general watermill and Silo... Cheaper than buying the gems loose

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    The problem is really that stuff like the Endless Copper Mine is overpriced.

Seriously, I spend €60 on a full version of a buy-to-own game from Ubisoft.
    My gaming budget is roughly €100 per year, across all brands, across all genres.

I therefore will never spend €100 for a miniscule advantage within one game.

Economics is a simple rule of supply and demand.
    At a lower price, the same good gets purchased more often.

Ubi/Blue Byte should be thinking of how to maximize their overall income, not how much is the maximum price they could somehow charge for a copper or gemstone mine.

Seriously, if they came up with a gemstone mine which produces like 50 gems per day, at a cost of €10, this would mean that in 2-3 weeks, I'd have enough gems to buy something or in 4 months enough for a Veteran.
    For merely €10, they would thus ensure that I'd be playing this game for at least half a year, most likely spending additional money in the progress and eventually, they'd probably get me to spend some €30 or €40 on the game.

Like this, they are getting €0 from me as I simply can't be asked to spend €30 on a Vet or €100 on a gemstone mine - which honestly can't be in their best interest.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    no one forseing you to spend any thing in this game so if you dont want to you free not to

Reply to Thread