Reply to Thread

Thread: Introductory map pathing issue

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Introductory map pathing issue

Hi, I am currently completing the introductory map, and have come across a pathing issue. I am trying to clear the bottom right corner of the map, headed by One-Eyed Bert. The issue is that I cannot get to Bert or his adjacent camp because any path my general takes he gets intercepted by the medium bandit camp to the north (with 60 Thugs and 120 guard dogs).

I should be able to clear it (it may take a few attempts) but I am pretty sure it is not intended by the developers, and being the introductory map it may cause some newer players problems.

Thanks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    u probably have to clear or block it, the pathing system been changed recently.

World
    Newfoundland
    My friend ran into the same problem. I understand they changed the pathing for adventures and think this may be an unwanted side-effect. Sadly nobody seems interested that a relatively new player would need to sacrifice 200R to clear the offending camp.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    This is what support wrote, when I had more or less the same problem.

Last week we had a patch update. The way pathing works has changed, and that may have caused a change on the routes Generals take. Keep in mind that guides usually takes time to be updated, especially if they are Unofficial Guides.

Kind regards,

"The Settlers Online" Support Team

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I suspect the support team are not sufficiently expert at the game to realise that what you mean is that a camp in sector 6 now blocks the way to the boss in sector 3. This is unlikely to be what the developers intended since it means a weak area is being protected by a stronger one, and requires the relatively new player to develop an army he does not have the population/licences to comfortably achieve. Unfortunately whatever the timescale is for applying a fix to this, it's probably going to take too long for the players currently affected by it since they'll actually have to change the camp placement. That is not likely to happen in a hurry.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i think u get intercepted by that medium camp because u explored that area with ur explorer(see pictures in guide, the medium camp is covered by fog.) just a thought

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorrellay View Post
    i think u get intercepted by that medium camp because u explored that area with ur explorer(see pictures in guide, the medium camp is covered by fog.) just a thought
    I was thinking that also, but I've seen players post on the forum that have not cleared the fog from sector 6 and still have the issue.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The fog clearance has nothing to do with the interception of the general. When this was first flagged up and I also was intercepted I had not cleared the fog from sector 6. This was posted as soon as the new pathfinding was released on the test server and nothing has been done about it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBarbara View Post
    The fog clearance has nothing to do with the interception of the general. When this was first flagged up and I also was intercepted I had not cleared the fog from sector 6. This was posted as soon as the new pathfinding was released on the test server and nothing has been done about it.
    true fog or not u will get intercepted. but on the other hand why make a big deal out of it, becouse at that time u only want exp. And u get exp for every bandit that you kill. so it isnt a real big problem, anoying yes, but not big enough.

Reply to Thread