Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic confirm general/troops adjustment

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Automatic confirm general/troops adjustment

When changing the troops that are allocated to a general, you must first confirm this with a click on the OK button, before you can attack a camp with your new troop allocation. If you forget the OK button, but attack a camp immediately after your adjustment, you will attack with your old troop allocation.

This can be a very expensive mistake, because you can loose a lot of troops. I lost this way 200 cavalary (and probaly more troops)

So confirm automaticly the troop adjustment when an user pushes the attack button.
    Or at least disable the attack button when an user has adjusted the troop allocation and not yet confirmed it with the OK button.

World
    Newfoundland
    What is the difference betwing clickin the OK buttom or clicking any other buttom?
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHajo View Post
    When changing the troops that are allocated to a general, you must first confirm this with a click on the OK button, before you can attack a camp with your new troop allocation. If you forget the OK button, but attack a camp immediately after your adjustment, you will attack with your old troop allocation.

This can be a very expensive mistake, because you can loose a lot of troops. I lost this way 200 cavalary (and probaly more troops)

So confirm automaticly the troop adjustment when an user pushes the attack button.
    Or at least disable the attack button when an user has adjusted the troop allocation and not yet confirmed it with the OK button.
    Or just be more careful when sorting your troops out.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I second this suggestion. Currently, it is just bad user interface design. A good user interface should prevent the user from performing the wrong actions (or at the very least assist them in not doing something they don't intend).

The "Attack" button should be DISABLED, IF the user has changed the troop selection. To enable the "Attack" button, the user MUST first click the "OK" button.

Another idea would be to have a "Reset" button, visually apart from the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, to set all troop allocations to zero, so that the user does not have to adjust multiple sliders to achieve the same effect.

I would also like to see number entry fields (selectable in series by using the TAB key) for each troop type, in addition to the sliders.

Reply to Thread