Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a new pathing guide for victor?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Does anyone have a new pathing guide for victor?

I have 2 days left to complete it... and I had just cleared the 2 camp 6s... then the pathing changes and the next block doesn't work!!

Any guides on how to finish this now? Cheers....

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tried using the simulator and finding it out, even making a guide in the process?

Try using this: http://www.settlersonlinetools.com/en/combat_simulator/

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I can use that to work out what kills which camp... unfortunately, I cannot calculate blocks etc and I work a lot of hours so no chance to just 'try'. I will have to just lose a lot of troops seeing what I can do on this one and hold-off future adventures for a while.

World
    Northisle
    Hi, I'm trying to correct starting positions basing on Hasmir's map (This one), as soon as I'll confirm blocks I'll send the screens.

Block 1 done:

Block 1 position 2 was adjusted manually -3 sec (1 length unit between the swords = 3 seconds)... on my actual attack there was quite long window before BHG and VG entered the influence area when used position 1 as a start for those generals also. Fortunately it was good enough tho.
    In worst scenario progress bar will show on blocking camp 1 but it will last long enough before the VG finishes... calculated minimal time of fight from clicking send button till the leader camp is cleared for VG is around 150-155sec, block on camp 1 (6 rounds minimum) is 160sec so as u can see this can be really close.

Block 2 done:

Actual block:

Nothing special here, the only difference except of starting positions is starting order, now G4 is intercepted by C7 thats why G5 has to go out as the first one and block C7 first.

Block 3 done:

Actual block:

Camp positions for first wave general and veteran changed as well since the previous was to far away to send them both as last one.

Block 4 done:

No need for any screen since the position was almost the same, path was slightly lower then on the Hasmir's screen, u can add 3 seconds to that to be 100% sure no accident happens, since the first wave general crossed a bit the influence area when block started, wasn't intercepted tho.

Keep in mind that this was done only once so until further confirmation is provided it has to be treated with extreme caution.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 16.07.12 at 17:44.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i used bobs guide and to my surprise blocks worked for me

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thx Raven, I will try it soon, good work

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can these blocks work with Normal Generals Raven? Or do you need to have the Veteran (or Battle Hardened) General to attack the Leader Camp?
    Thanks.

World
    Northisle
    3 last blocks will be fine with normal generals + 1 veteran, I'm doing it all the time coz i need the other BH for transportation, but since first one is really close it can fail with first wave general as normal one. In that case if u really don't want to have any surprises or don't like too much adrenaline I'd recommend to trash the camp marked on red (100 Roughneck + 50 Guard dog) first and proceed with single block on this one.

First wave attack (115R) on leader camp is 2 rounds,and thats the main reason why it's very important to use BHG instead. This 2 rounds can take up to 40 seconds for normal general to get it resolved, for BHG its half that time.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 17.07.12 at 11:15.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not finished yet but I made all Raven blocks and worked perfectly with veteran, in last block which didn't changed must add to 3 second and avoid accident with camp 15 (which Raven said earlier).

This was great and precise work Raven, thx again.

World
    Northisle
    Finished the VTV again, seems everything alright, made final map guide so no need to open multiple screens:

Last edited by Ra_V_en; 22.07.12 at 19:24. Reason: I've put setups for all possible unit configurations starting from lvl 26

Reply to Thread