Reply to Thread

Thread: A Couple of Suggestions

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

A Couple of Suggestions

First post on here so might as well make it a useful one

Resource Summary Toolbar
    Ok, at the top of the screen you have your Settlers summary and next to it a list of different resources (Tools, Coins, Pine Planks, Hardwood Planks, Stone, Marble) and then gems. Suggestion is to allow this list of resources to be changeable, so you can monitor other items such as Bronze Swords or bread, or provide a couple of 'open' slots that you can select specific goods for.

Quick Buffs
    In a similar thought pattern to the above, could we have our workyard buffs as icons in the top (or bottom) bar too. I know that it's pretty simple to click on the star menu, but this would make applying buffs quicker, especially if you're buffing friends.

Building Placement Overlay
    When I go to transfer my General's Garrison, I get a green overlay of all the valid locations. Could we have something similar (yellow) when we're building? Additionally when you're placing a Storehouse, could the area around it be highlighted different colours based on the distance away (gradiented green to yellow). This would make placing Storehouses a lot more efficient in the long run and make it much more graphical to new players what impact the placement of buildings makes (which is quite an important part of the game).

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Point 1 yes
    Point 2 yes
    Point 3 not neccesarry - It's important place yout storage well but you can do it way like you just said.. pick general select transfer and see green fields you can simply guess which location is good for storehouse after that you place here square from path and you can adjust it and control it if you selected the best position I did it with farmfields (its 2x2 and larger than well) so I move arround the possible good location until I get most efficient placement.. I make the square from path and other squares for buildings and its done easily with fun

Reply to Thread