Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coin Production - Worse than Bankers!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Well everyone plays this game different i find the combination of trading ( which now 400 coal-7gc, 400hwp 10gc 400marble 10gc on sandy cove sever is the price 4/9/12) and gold production give me enough gc to to upgrade most building to lv4 as and when i feel like it. If i have a bad day trading i know i can still make 800gc a day and not click a single button. and this comment 4 gold bars to 1 coin is the same for iron bars 4 iron ore to 1 iron block, but because its not gc people dont mind the cost.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Tried it for a while now.

My view - making gold is a complete wast of time, resources and effort.

Trade for it!

Apelord
    The only problem with the Parrot plan is that you need to spend REAL money to buy gems to buy parrots unless you want to wait two weeks to get the gems free. [CENSORED: RUDE TO PLAYERS].
    Last edited by Sniped; 05.10.12 at 15:57.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Apelord View Post
    The only problem with the Parrot plan is that you need to spend REAL money to buy gems to buy parrots unless you want to wait two weeks to get the gems free.
    You do know it's possible to buy parrots in game without spending real money?

Quote Originally Posted by Apelord View Post
    [CENSORED RUDE TO PLAYERS]
    These sort of comments make me lol. What does it matter to you what others spend their money on? Resentment of some sort? Without these "chumps", there would be no Settlers Online for you to play and moan about.

---

Fact of the matter is ... gold coin production is extremely profitable if done right. No matter your method of refill (or rebuild), it'll always be profitable as long as you follow the one golden rule - Always keep them buffed!
    Last edited by Sniped; 05.10.12 at 15:58.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    yeah keep em buffed...agree , but i miss u can put more than 1 buff on em at the time,so u dont have to set ur watch after it

World
    Sandycove
    Afraid not, you can only have one buff on a building at a time. It just takes some discipline to turn them off even if they have a healthy portion of a buff left on it but know you can't get on until long after the buff runs out, even if it means wasting half a basket. Don't be tempted to leave them on as this actually costs you gold and makes the chain unprofitable.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    that want what i meant...cant see why u aint able to buff 3-4-5 times so u can keep it running for days,its still cost the same to buff em..

World
    Sandycove
    There's a cost for the convenience though. 12 fish platters in a row cover the same time period as a basket, but without the bread and sausage. Buffs aren't meant to be essential to production, it just so happens that without them the production is pitiful.

World
    Sandycove
    What use is having hardwood planks, marble and tools just sitting collecting virtual dust? The only way to grow is to keep your supply chains moving. Spending 1400 hardwood planks, 1400 marble and 1500 tools on a gold mine is a lot better than having a string of dormant sawmills and quarries. There's little you can do with 30k of a resource, for example, that you can't do with 15k.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    obviously they want you to buy gems and then buy what u need.. this way they make more money

Reply to Thread