Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coin Production - Worse than Bankers!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Angry Gold Coin Production - Worse than Bankers!

I simply cannot beleive the math!

A Gold Ore mine contains 300 ore and costs 1400 Hardwood, 1400 Marble and 1500 Tools - per mine!

To smelt Ore into gold bars you need 2 Ore and 8 Coal to produce just One Gold Bar. Four Gold bars produce One coin!

A Gold Ore mine therefore produces no more than 75 coins! With the additional cost of 2400 coal used in the production of the Gold bars! (I'm also writing off for 'free' the 4500 Hardwood 4500 Marble and 5500 Tools used as a one off cost to build the Gold Smelter and Coinage building in the first place!)

I am sure anyone will realise they could produce:

1400 Hardwood,
    1400 Marble
    1500 Tools
    2400 Coal

and trade the lot for far more than 75 Gold Coins! (I just traded 400 Coal for 35 coins!)

So what is the point of this production system or using it to produce gold goins?

Sorry I don't get it!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    You don't do gold production without buffing it, buff the mine, the smelter and the coinage ALL the time they're active and that mine will get you 300 gold coins per mine.

World
    Sandycove
    that still isn't alot though>

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    but later when lvl40 or more when you have 5 coinages and 5 gold smelters you will produce close to 2000gc per day. just don't start gold production early.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    It depends also on market conditions and whether selling other materials and trading are more profitable.

Also depends on whether you have hotdogs or not.

: )

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    it just by the way, if you don't buff, your calculation is wrong :

300 ore for 1 mine
    2 ore = 1 bar so 300 ore = 150 bars
    4 bars = 1 coin so your 150 bars produces 37,5 coins

Yup, it's even worse ....

Me too I sell ressources for coins. The market is pretty good and I calculate that for the same ressources I can get 300 coins easily.

Wich brings me to compare that to Terghi's comment. Buffing it all brings 1 mine = 300 coins. Well with no buffing I get the same by trading ... So why would someone produce coins then ?

Well .... First the market is uncontrolable so maybe tommorrow coins value will drop, who knows.
    And Martonus points out, maybe that you don't want to play the market all day long and prefer to do your own production and have friends buffing your production chain. Effectively, this way you might be able to make more coins/day, but imagine the amount of coal (means a lot of buildings) to produce 5 production chains of coins !

Definetely, I keep trading !

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    you must use buff on gold prodaction

300ore = 600 ore = 600 gold bars = 300 coins

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    gold is gold but 4 gold bars = 1 coin how big are the coins they must be so large come on settlers why dont you make it one bar makes 100 coins but make everything cost more? that way it would make more sence

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    If you buff ALL the time and use the free gems to buy Golden Parrots and never let the mine run out you can make gold easy.
    always have the Mine/Smelter/counage buffed when they are working.
    Then you get gold easy.

It's a slow way to do it but it's gold. But remembe DO NOT LET THE MINE RUN OUT. keep buffin git with GOLDEN PARROTS

World
    Sandycove
    so is it worth upgrading the mine for 500 tools?What does that do to its production?
    I am on level 29 and built a gold mine with the plan of buffing it and then letting it sleep when it got low until i had some method (parrots?)to replenish it.
    I presume at some point the timber/tools/marble will not be an issue whereas the lack of gold coins for upgrades will be?

Reply to Thread