Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheating

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    Either way it's a pretty good indictment of why you just do not random add 'friends'
    ^ THIS (except I'm choosing to believe Cully meant "indication")
    Sincerely,

WylieQuinn
    Encyclopaedia of Copy-Paste

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King_PapiChulo View Post
    thats where you check and lock the door, he should have checked the mail 1st and read it before accepting, the guy clearly DID NOT click the mouse for him, he clicked accept him self.

Its called Cons and last I looked it was illigal anywhere. So if a guy con your parents for every dime they have you would just say, hey its their own fault?

Why would you defend it? his purpose is to just fool someone, basically to cheat him. On purpose going after to con and cheat other kids?
    You might wanna look at yourself too while you are at it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King_PapiChulo View Post
    thats where you check and lock the door, he should have checked the mail 1st and read it before accepting, the guy clearly DID NOT click the mouse for him, he clicked accept him self.
    not everyone has a whole day nor the time to read every detail.There's a lot of kids and new players who just don't understand or pay enough attention but that certainly doesn't excuse these cheaters.They should be banned and your stance in this can only mean 1 thing

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Lol, have this guy on friends list too, but havent seen any mails from him.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by efi-cro View Post
    not everyone has a whole day nor the time to read every detail.There's a lot of kids and new players who just don't understand or pay enough attention but that certainly doesn't excuse these cheaters.They should be banned and your stance in this can only mean 1 thing
    It's about time people started accepting responsability for their own actions instead of asking for the authorities to hold their hand everywhere they go.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I realy do not understand how you can say that a deliberate attempt to scam is ok, and the mistake to accept is to blame.
    The one obviously tries to trick/ scam/ cheat, while the other makes a simple error...

Anyway as said before. Do not simply accept every friendrequest.
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    It's about time people started accepting responsability for their own actions instead of asking for the authorities to hold their hand everywhere they go.
    what responsability,i admited my own mistake and i didnt ask anything to be given back to me but this kind of cheating needs to stop.END OF STORY

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    A scammer is a scammer despite what or how he did it, or what the receiving person should have done.
    This sort of behavior doesn't belong in ANY game least of all a game that is set so very young players can play.

Certainly report this sort of behavior and hopefully BB will stamp down very hard on it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the problem from BB's point of view will always be incomplete information

You can not say for certain that a trade of a stack of gold ore for 1 fish is a scam, a gift, result of an auction or a cheat. To expect them to investigate every single instance where people complain will result in a lot of inconclusive situations and a lot of he said, you said with no clear resultution, even with logfiles. Banning people based on incomplete or inconclusive information will have worse reprecussions than telling people to be aware and beware of all transactions.

Only thing you can really hope for is a more robust tradesystem to avoid the need for samable/cheatable transactions which would be the following:
    1) Make some shop gifted items tradable, mostly refills (i can see the business reason to not want non consumables to be tradable)
    2 Have bigget money transactons possible- the 400 limit makes trading in some items dependant on (needless) trust. Transactions of adventures usually are bigger than 400
    3) Have an option to invite people to an adventure spot upon condition of payment (so accepting the invitation would also remove an agreed upon amount of resources)

stuff like voucher sales etc is probably too much to ask for a more robust system and would be an out of game resource anyway to be used so would be irrealistic to have an in game solution

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    the problem from BB's point of view will always be incomplete information

You can not say for certain that a trade of a stack of gold ore for 1 fish is a scam, a gift, result of an auction or a cheat. To expect them to investigate every single instance where people complain will result in a lot of inconclusive situations and a lot of he said, you said with no clear resultution, even with logfiles. Banning people based on incomplete or inconclusive information will have worse reprecussions than telling people to be aware and beware of all transactions.
    Quite right!
    BB cannot ban people in this situation as it would require much too much work on our side to prove (or not) that the trade was a scam.
    Moreover, people can only "scam" you if they are in your friends list... We assume you know who your "friends" are and trust them when they send you a trade request. After that it's up to you to 1) not accept the person as a friend when he isn't, and 2) check the message before agreeing to the trade. Checking the trade will take you roughly 3 seconds and can save you lots of future disappointment.

Nevertheless, I have added a request on my weekly reports asking BB to modify the message people get when receiving a trade request. I asked that they make the distinction between a regular trade request and a "friend's" trade request is easier to spot.
    I don't think this will be done any time soon... And will probably never take place if the new trade system is implemented on time, as this new feature should end these scams all together.

Hope this clears things up a bit!
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Reply to Thread