Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading Vouchers

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Trading Vouchers

I was not sure where to post this particular thing, so I figured I would put it here and if any mod decides that it would be better suited in another sub forum, I hope they will not mind moving it.

Over the past few weeks I have been playing I have noticed a number of people wanting to purchase vouchers from other players for GC. After a while I figured that I wouldn't mind trading a voucher code for a few extra GC, assuming of course that either Mods or support from BB could help me out if I got scammed by someone not sending me the GC.

So, in order to find out whether I would have support at all I contacted a mod who suggested that I needed to contact customer support, which I did. Their response was:

"We do not endorse or support any in-game trades involving vouchers or codes, therefore not only in case of being scammed during such a transaction, we cannot offer any compensation to the players, but also trading the codes can lead to a ban imposed on the account of the seller."

I feel this is a mistake on Bluebyte's part for a few reasons, which I will explain. Firstly, there is no "proper" way of trading bought for gems between players, so voucher trading becomes really the only way a lot of players can obtain certain things in the game. (such as the extra licences). This means that there is a market demand for the vouchers.

Secondly, because I can not sell the vouchers in game there will be at least £30 that will not go to bluebyte and therefore bluebyte will generate less income, which is obviously not a good thing for bluebyte. And finally I feel that it is quite galling that should a player be unaware (as I was) that selling those vouchers to other players is against the terms and conditions and they get scammed... if they then complain about it they get their account banned as well! Truely a massive kick in the groin to someone who has spent money on your product!

I would like to ask that bluebyte employees consider adding gem trading to the trading system or at least allow people to trade vouchers and offer a level of support for those who get scammed. Thank you for your time, and I apologise should my post come across as being too negative... I love this game and I would like to spend more money on it but there's very little in the trader which is of interest to me anymore!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Then why does BB endorse this on the post for the retail box....
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post177233
    Seems a bit of a disconnect here!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I dont know fish, I could quote which staff member sent me my reply but I feel that would be counter productive and just lead to drama. Maybe a forum mod will notice my post and be able to offer a more in depth response

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nah, the mods are just that - Moderators, they dont have the same company clout as BB - I would ask support to clarify again. The key is you trade with friends not any old person as yes they cant stop you getting scammed. Most of the trade is build on trust so I wouldnt trade high value stuff with someone I hadnt engaged with before.
    Good luck though - its a fun game and lots of good people to trade with.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I think there's a lot of room for improvement with the trading options, like selling adventures and gem based items in the trading menu. Hopefully this will be sorted out in the next update.

Also to stop people being scammed or buying something they think was a fair trade, would it be possible to offer a trend of historical trades similar to the one people are about to buy? And a larger icon for the item the player is recieving, as a lot of scammers are offering reversed trades.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have sold codes and so has alot of other players i have advertised on the forums and in the trade channel and in guild channel a BB members has had to of seen the posts by many ppl and its never been told or said as bannable .. problem is you can get over zealous support staff i only buy retail packs to trade for coin if i am not allowed too is no point me buying the packs anymore so bluebyte will lose a revenue stream as alot of players buy the packs to sell off cause its the easest way to get coins or granite

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    simple answer is if someone gets scammed everyone will blame BB for it. They really shouldn't be responsible for any 'gone wrong' out of game trading. Simply buying the games to trade for the vouchers does seem a bit daft imo.

Reply to Thread