View Poll Results: Should players have a grace period?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 86.67%
  • No

12 13.33%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free Building Moving

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Free Building Moving

Hello BB's .

I am creating this topic to ask you in the politest possible way to give all current players a limited amount of time to adjust their buildings free of charge after the launch of the new 'move building tool'.

Many players have 50+ buildings to be moved and its unrealistic for them to do so at its current cost. I have spoken to several players who had hoped they could switch entire sectors around, however that is unlikely now.

I ask that you give them a grace period since the game is in beta and long-time players upgraded to LVL5 long before the 'move building' functionality, thus not having the same opportunity as new players to move buildings when it was cheapest to do so.

We all know the importance of maximizing the production chain and I'm afraid those who have been with TSO from the start will struggle. I hope you'll take this into consideration because it is very important to those who have many.. many buildings.

P.S Nice, helpful comments only please.

Thanks,
    Sinister-King.
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 22.07.12 at 21:58.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    a problem i will have cause of bad layouts i will have to move the same buildings twice once to a new spot and then back again once i have moved all the odd placed buildings its gonna be expensive

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    From my point of view it is a bad idea. Developers gives you idea to use building movement and now you want to move them freely ? Why ? Because it is new 'feature' or because other people found better building placement than you have and make more resources ?

Yes as a new player I used building placement, other guides, asked or viewed guildies island to plan mine. Even if guides helped me to get started the point is that I planed. Also I wont be upgrading my building to higher levels if I don't like placement.

Does that fact that new players has theoretically better chance to get more resources makes you angry ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Sinister-King,

This is a very interesting idea and I'll definitely ask about this.
    Nevertheless, this new feature is already ready to go and giving players a grace period might not be a possible option... So don't be too optimistic on this topic ^^"

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tshh - the reason for a possible grace period is that BB has been promising this functionality for the last 6 months so many players have ploughed on with building development on the understanding they could move later rather than to destroy a low level building and rebuild it at its new location.
    For those of us affected with many L5 buildings that require moving this will be a rather expensive exercise - whereas the early expectation was for a move function that may cost resources but would be reasonable cost. For L5 buildings especially the higher value L5 buildings - the costs are totally extortionate.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Hi Sinister-King,

This is a very interesting idea and I'll definitely ask about this.
    Nevertheless, this new feature is already ready to go and giving players a grace period might not be a possible option... So don't be too optimistic on this topic ^^"

Best,
    BB_Azariel
    Hi BB_Azariel,

Thanks for your response! It really is important to a lot of people, hopefully you'll get back to me with a positive answer .

Quote Originally Posted by Tshh View Post
    From my point of view it is a bad idea. Developers gives you idea to use building movement and now you want to move them freely ? Why ? Because it is new 'feature' or because other people found better building placement than you have and make more resources ?

Yes as a new player I used building placement, other guides, asked or viewed guildies island to plan mine. Even if guides helped me to get started the point is that I planed. Also I wont be upgrading my building to higher levels if I don't like placement.

Does that fact that new players has theoretically better chance to get more resources makes you angry ?
    Hi Tshh, I am glad you were able to optimise your production chain with the assistance of very well thought up guides. However those same guides weren't available when most high level players began.

Note: This topic is a plea for charges to be lifted temporarily, I'd have absolutely no problem with the current costs (after a short grace period) and I am very pleased with my island, I am just concerned for my friends.
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 24.07.12 at 16:17.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Tshh - the reason for a possible grace period is that BB has been promising this functionality for the last 6 months so many players have ploughed on with building development on the understanding they could move later rather than to destroy a low level building and rebuild it at its new location.
    For those of us affected with many L5 buildings that require moving this will be a rather expensive exercise - whereas the early expectation was for a move function that may cost resources but would be reasonable cost. For L5 buildings especially the higher value L5 buildings - the costs are totally extortionate.
    Please point out place where BB "has been promising this functionality" and sain about exact time and low prices. As far as I know BB told that plans exists and we can expect to have this feature in some time.

Also decision to keep old building, instead of rebuilding no matter what level you have was yours. Don't blame other people for yours decisions.

You do own many L5 building you say ? Fine here is a simple calculation:
    to build coinage from L1 to L5 you will need:
    -2.5k HWP
    -2.5k Marble
    -3k Tools
    -6k EWP
    10k granite
    source

to move L5 coinage you will need:
    -2k marble
    -1.5k gc.
    source

Need additional calculation to compare? Still want to complain about high prices ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hi BB_Azariel,

Thanks for your response! It really is important to a lot of people, hopefully you'll get back to me with a positive answer .

Hi Tshh, I am glad you were able to optimise your production chain with the assistance of very well thought up guides. However those same guides weren't available when most high level players began.

Note: This topic is a plea for charges to be lifted temporarily, I'd have absolutely no problem with the current costs (after a short grace period) and I am very pleased with my island, I am just concerned for my friends.
    Guides will provide game basics and ideas how you can achieve more. I don't know any guide that will tell you how you should build your building. If there is give me a copy of it. Guides helped me to understand game mechanism, but decisions, what and where to build was mine. Beside I made mistake and I', planing to move my buildings.

Guides didn't now magically appeared. The fact that they didn't existed didn't mean that you can't use your head.

You want temporally move your buildings you say ? That would be same as saying:
    1) I made wrong decision and now I want to fix it. But I don't want to take responsibility of my actions, so instead let's make it temporarily free.
    2) I did't make mistake, but other people smarter decisions. Why I should get less than other players ? Let's copy other players and temporarily for free.
    3) Calculate every resource that you spend on building. While placing and upgrading and then create new account ask to have same amount of experience point all your spend resources + instant building and upgrading.

Sound honorable ? Would you like for such threads to appear in forums ?

Beside have you ever tried to calculate price that is required to move building and compared to the price required to build and upgrade ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Tshh, quite clearly you haven't advanced in the game enough to know what you are talking about.

How much do you calculate it will cost to switch all these buildings around?

Last edited by Sinister-King; 24.07.12 at 20:24.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Sinister-King , quite clearly you don't understand how much resources you are asking to get for free. And why ? Because as you told you are more advanced than I ? Currently yours such "magnificent" advantage is forcing you to come and ask for free resources.

Fine ask for BB that every single player will get 1kk gc or any other amount of resources and then you will be able to move your buildings. Would you like that ?

My point is that nobody forced you to build buildings in the place you did. Why should you be able to move them freely? Plus moving is cheaper than rebuilding.

In my previous post I paraphrased your idea, which alternative would you choose ? Also have you compared prices needed to build and move buildings ?

After that I haven't been able to participate in all events, by your logic I have to demand this opportunity ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tshh View Post
    Sinister-King , quite clearly you don't understand how much resources you are asking to get for free. And why ? Because as you told you are more advanced than I ? Currently yours such "magnificent" advantage is forcing you to come and ask for free resources.

Fine ask for BB that every single player will get 1kk gc or any other amount of resources and then you will be able to move your buildings. Would you like that ?

My point is that nobody forced you to build buildings in the place you did. Why should you be able to move them freely? Plus moving is cheaper than rebuilding.

In my previous post I paraphrased your idea, which alternative would you choose ? Also have you compared prices needed to build and move buildings ?

After that I haven't been able to participate in all events, by your logic I have to demand this opportunity ?
    This is not my island.. I have a very tidy and organized island, much more so than yours I bet.

I opened the topic on behalf of my friends who threaten to quit, simply because mustering up 100,000+ coins and x amount of other resources to shift all the buildings around is madness.

For your sake I'll point out again that it would be for a limited time, I'm not quite sure why you feel so threatened about that idea. The same players will be moving many more buildings in the future.. freely moving buildings for a limited time just allows them to find space and plan their production chain a little better without having to save a ridiculous amount of coin.

People who are in that position are dead in the sea, they cant shift sectors around because they could never save the coin to do so.

Anyway your just reiterating the points you've already made. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Reply to Thread