Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea about starter pack

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland

Idea about starter pack

Not sure if this is the best place so I'll just open it up for discussion.

Most of us like those starter packs and there's been a lot of people waiting to receive them

However, there are only so many watermills and generals a girl needs, so eventually I'll stop buying the packs. So here's a thought.

Offer 2 other packs alongside the current one.

The first pack could be the same price as the current one but instead of offering a battle hardened general, it could have an explorer and geologist, and instead of the watermill/silo have a recycling plant and/or some noble houses for example.

then there could be a 'luxury' starter pack, costing more, and this could have the vintage general and a higher value building such as the friary, or even an endless copper mine depending on the price.

Obviously it's down to BB but what does anyone else think?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place so I'll just open it up for discussion.

Most of us like those starter packs and there's been a lot of people waiting to receive them

However, there are only so many watermills and generals a girl needs, so eventually I'll stop buying the packs. So here's a thought.

Offer 2 other packs alongside the current one.

The first pack could be the same price as the current one but instead of offering a battle hardened general, it could have an explorer and geologist, and instead of the watermill/silo have a recycling plant and/or some noble houses for example.

then there could be a 'luxury' starter pack, costing more, and this could have the vintage general and a higher value building such as the friary, or even an endless copper mine depending on the price.

Obviously it's down to BB but what does anyone else think?
    Well I think its a good idea :P

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree as I have bought quite a few packs so far and I won't buy any more because I don't need any more battle hardened generals.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would prefer them to just lower the cost of gems on the website to buy. They call it a starter pack, not something akin to a gamecard you can keep buying all the time.

I’m all for the idea of having more choice but it seems a little pointless under the current structure of how things are. And the easiest way to get more choice is to not have specific buildings linked to codes but just the gems.

Gems = everything else whether it’s a recycling plant or water mill. It seems pointless to me to try and get them to make new codes to give a different set of things when what we really just want is the price of the start packs reflected in the gem buying shop on the website. No need to keep buying the packs then.

If you’re buying starter packs because there better value for money then the website then things are going wrong anyway. Changing the items the pack gives only mixes up the problem a bit, not really solves it.

And if you’re buying the packs because you can’t buy online from the shop website then they need to release something more like a game card that is just a voucher containing for example 2000 gems a pop. They could have 3 types of vouchers available to buy instead of or along with the starter pack. Voucher 1 = 500 gems. Voucher 2 = 2000 gems. Voucher 3 = 10000gems. You then just buy exactly what you need with them, not having to get a Geo you don’t need as well in order to get the 500 gems or water mill.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    this is why i sell codes off starter packs i dont need anymore generals is so many you can use so only real way to benefit fully from the pack is to sell the main code

Reply to Thread