Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Dev diary July/August

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i thought i had found the holly grail when i 1st discoverd this game spent a fair but of real money to begin with then got some starter packs thinking this game will keep me going, then i got to level 40ish and thats it nothing left to do really no need to build special buildings, upgrading is a pain as my farms are all lvl4 or above it means i have to be around everyday with out fail to pretty much jst rebuild my island that is all i do now , it takes so long for maintence to support what i have built i was even considering destorying half my economy and slowing it all back down again.

since i have done all the adventures apart from Secluded experiments multiple times what else is there? elite soliders are pointless give them a boost or perhaps add an adventure where they gain personal experiance when you resuce an Elite General who offers to train them giving extra attack bonus just something to look forward to rather then day in day out rebuilds, its starting to feel like work not a fun game.

extra content please or atleast something to aim for

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    My idea for this game is to make it more multi-player! I know you guys are working on PvP, but for now, interaction between players is just buff swapping, trading and loot swapping. Only players that do co-op on adventures are low players that have no population or troops do to them solo and loot swap. Maybe make adventures more challenging (and rewarding too ofc) if they are done in full co-op. For example, if 2 (or more) players did a full co-op adventure, they would get more exp than what one player would get doing the map solo and loot swapping.

Also, make adventures more interesting all together! I mean, its not much of an "adventure" any more if you do it like 5 times the same way (because you have no reason to do it differently).

Here is another idea: weekly quests. Do a few specific adventures in one week to get a lot of exp. This would help high lvl players to level up faster, and would also include using some unattractive maps no one wants to play.

Generals: why no RPG style on generals? Make them lvl up, get more dmg or something. Also, add some epic equipment drop from adventures, like offensive or defensive aura cape (or whatever) that would affect the troops.

And for the end, I know people already suggested this, but its worth saying again: replacing wheat fields and wells is ruining the game, I know I'm supposed to buy watermills and silos, but they cost way too much. I know I'm not the only one who is fed up with 2h of maintaining the village every day, and this will probably be the reason why i quit this game very soon.

EDIT: I forgot, one thing that annoys me the most about the game are those sliders you have to use to input a number of resources on trade or troops on general. I know text boxes aren't secure because of sql injections and stuff, but sliders just suck with a high DPI mouse.
    Last edited by opasni_; 07.08.12 at 13:37.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by opasni_ View Post
    EDIT: I forgot, one thing that annoys me the most about the game are those sliders you have to use to input a number of resources on trade or troops on general. I know text boxes aren't secure because of sql injections and stuff, but sliders just suck with a high DPI mouse.
    Sql injections shouldn't be a problem, a simple input check solves that. It probably was an interface choice they made.
    Some of the annoyances will go away, when with a next patch, the general slider only can slide 200 units.

Other improvements that can be made, is that the slider only increases by 5, sticks better to the mouse, and the scroll wheel should be enabled for the last few ticks.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooh View Post
    Sql injections shouldn't be a problem, a simple input check solves that. It probably was an interface choice they made.
    Some of the annoyances will go away, when with a next patch, the general slider only can slide 200 units.

Other improvements that can be made, is that the slider only increases by 5, sticks better to the mouse, and the scroll wheel should be enabled for the last few ticks.
    I noticed the more you have of resource or soldiers the faster the slider goes, so it becomes a nightmare to get the precise number...

Glorious Graduate Aerys_TarGaryen's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with keko4321 in that the adventures are becoming repetitive and think they should be more random i.e with camp placements and enemy numbers and maybe even landing zones enough to make a "walkthrough" pointless and make you have to work out the map each time you play and also give more time to do the said adventures because of it

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    After the island is conquered, it has to be possible to start to build ships. Perhaps it should take a lot to build a ship and the ship can only transport a limited number of troops to prevent easy takeovers of islands. include random vikings? pirates?
    Players under level 20 should not be attackable. Perhaps their island disappears after 2 months of non-use? and reappears once the user logs on again? Please make this game more enjoyable after level 25!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The latest dev diary is from July? How about rolling out some updates BB, people are losing interest as nothing seems to be going on.

The majority of lv50 players rarely bother to login anymore as there's nothing to do in the game. These players are the big gem investors in the game, and if you can keep them interested, I'd assume they'd also keep investing. Alienating them from the game would be very bad for business.

The Halloween event has brought many of them back to at least check out the event and maybe get some of those special pumpkin items. This would be a great time to show a glimpse of the future to keep them interested in the game also after the event. I bet also us lowly commoners below lv50 would appreciate an update on new content. Dev diaries used to come out monthly or bi-monthly, now it's been 4 months...

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey guys,

Expect the new Dev Diary to arrive very soon

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

World
    Sandycove
    For me, the most important thing atm is the option to stop rebuilding mines. Its just to boring and not funny at all to do. I now only build copper mines like most high lvl players do, because 20k gems...dont want even to talk about that ridiculous amount.

We all get bored of rebuilding wheat fields and wells, but honestly silos and watermills are there to buy in my opinion at a good price. 2k gc for 1 silo is not expensive, at a certain lvl that amount should not scare you. Now for beginners 2k gc only for 1 silo is a lot! So i see logic in it.
    Fact is watermills takes to much space and production time should be a little diferent than wells (same as hunters and the new premium meat building). Why not build watermills on the river or sea?

Also, we need more room to build, if one really enjoys to play the game, likes to have thinks well organized, and at some point we must build something anywhere because there´s no space left for it to look nice. Is was already said here that if we buy all building licenses available on store, there not enought room for them.

There should be a lot more adventures, rewarding more decorations and bigger ones also.

The updates BB post here has definitly some awesome features, like pvp, science (the best for me), economy adventures, more levels, more buidings. we´ll see!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please BB do something about the game for the level 50 players. We all got there playing a lot of hours but now it's a boring game for us because there's nothing new in the game, we only rebuild depleted mines, there's nothing else to do in the game ...

Reply to Thread