Reply to Thread

Thread: Game lacks content

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Game lacks content

I am playing for months now; all my resources are full, I only have to logg in to buff
    my coin production and play the occassional adventure.

A good game that keeps players hooked gives away small rewards all the time so the player
    has a feeling of achieving something. That is not the case here,there is nothing of interest left
    eg training a general or researching something.

All the updates are mainly cosmetical and add nothing to the gameplay,I dont need fancy dots
    showing the travelling distance; everything is laid out and planned already. Only usefull update is
    the buff duration one.

Just my thoughts on a nice free game

World
    Sandycove
    Only been playing for a little while, currently at level 28, but already starting to think after doing three adventures its all the same mostly. Got into this from the original settlers which had great playability.

One of the best network games in my life was playing Settlers 11 with two other players for a good 10 hours one session, bloody great game, until the LAN fell over. Which makes me think that when PVP comes in then the game will become a whole new ball game, so in the meantime I will wait with bated breath and make my island look nice.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Check out the Dev's diary. More content for over level 50, and more quests, adventures - lots planned

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree. It needs some PVP content and more game reasons to interact with players. I logged in to play Sim city with my base these days then go on adventures and there is no need to interact with players. The reason for me to keep on playing because there is a lot of depth to the mechanics of the game and has great potential to evolve into an awesome strategy.

DD
    Last edited by DemonDurai; 01.08.12 at 13:44.
    and that was you're last attempt at a poor joke.. the hammer plays next time
    -MOD_Tierarzt
    you will be history if you continue using capitals, some are beyond help
    -MOD_PennyUK
    anyone else wanna take a ride? dw, got taxi on speed dial
    -BB_Ravel

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/DATravel.jpg

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The game play is extremely basic and repetitive.. Adventures add some nice landscapes but its just the same battles as on your island.. even the Special Events are mostly the same.. pretty graphics.. same camp raiding mechanics.

If the later Adventures weren't so punishing (a single mistake can set you a days worth of army rebuilding) that you really have to rely on guides and simulators it would be a lot more fun.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashius-Maximus View Post

If the later Adventures weren't so punishing (a single mistake can set you a days worth of army rebuilding) that you really have to rely on guides and simulators it would be a lot more fun.
    No you don't. If at first you don't succeed, try again, and if you don't use the guides you get the challenge of working it out fro yourself. It's great now knowing what you're going to find when you do an adventure. So far I've had all the wrong troops trained for every one of them, but then you have that challenge of finishing it and retraining the right troops within the time. If you rely on guides then content will be lacking. if you use your brain the no, there's plenty of it.

And before anyone screams about using resources - isn't that sort of what the game's about?

Reply to Thread