Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: home island , random enemy spawn

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

home island , random enemy spawn

since things become very boring .
    could we have a random enemy camp spawn on our home island (leader or regular camp) , and maybe add quest for killing that camp ?

and as suggested below

1- the random enemy spawn , halt all the production in the sector were they spawned by % until you clear the camp

2-the chance of enemy camp spawn increase with more logins , so it will encourage players to login same as daily login reward

3-give the bandits the ability to attack the nearest building , they don't destroy the building in one attack , but they reduce the total (health?) of that building with every attack by % until its destroyed , we had repair button before that last update , so the repair cost tools plus the materials used to build that building , add to that player can build a basic building near bandit camp to block their attacks to protect his advanced buildings in that sector until he build more troops to clear the camp .. a bit more action :P

4- for those bandits camps use different combinations of units from different adventures .
    for example you find in one camp (firedancer melee unit from dark brotherhood) , Cataphract (first strike unit from roaring bull /horse back) , Berzerk (last strike unit from the Nords , surprise attack) , Ranger (ranged attack unit ) ... etc
    so things will be more challenging , and player will have to think which units to use and maybe he will need more than wave to clear the camp .

5-after killing certain number of camps (lets say 20 camp?) , leader camp spawn .
    and maybe add killing counter , and you know we do have a free spot to add the counter

6-the bandit camp spawn place won't be a problem , same as garrisons when generals back from adventures

7- things on home island were a lot of fun when we had sectors to clear

8-to make things a bit more realistic , maybe we can have ship docked on the beach near the bandit camp spawn

9-and for you bluebyte/ubisoft , add a shop/trader item cost gems ofcourse , when the player use it a bandit camp will spawn immediately on home island (and limit players to buy one every 24 hours?) , some players would buy it , if there's target after killing certain number of camps (check point 5) , and even you will encourage them to buy it if you made some exclusive leaders were the players didn't see them in any adventure before , and if you make fighting those leaders a bit more interesting ...
    *large health pool (they don't fully regenerate health after every wave)
    *they attack random stack of units
    *and if player killed units within the camp , leader will spawn small amount if units by the time pass

-
    Quote Originally Posted by piggymalone View Post
    Yes i think this could work, with the enemy camp in a random sector, it could halt all production in that sector until you have cleared the bandits out
    good one

piggy

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleos View Post
    Excellent idea, there could be a random percentage chance of bandit camp or camps appearing each time you log on or something, even have those camps having the ability to attack would make an interesting challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    This idea is pretty awesome imho, especially since the bigger hard camps can be a real challenge even at level 30 to figure out the right number of troops. I'm currently conquering the final sector of my map. If I had to divert my troops I'm building to tacking the next encampment to fight a random encounter it'd both increase the challenge and the fun.
    Last edited by keko4321; 09.08.12 at 20:11.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    like it

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Yes i think this could work, with the enemy camp in a random sector, it could halt all production in that sector until you have cleared the bandits out

good one

piggy

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by piggymalone View Post

good one

piggy
    As long as it only spawns when you are in the game. I would hate to log off and a camp spawned crippling some production I had buffed.

World
    Sandycove
    Great idea
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Excellent idea, there could be a random percentage chance of bandit camp or camps appearing each time you log on or something, even have those camps having the ability to attack would make an interesting challenge

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    This idea is pretty awesome imho, especially since the bigger hard camps can be a real challenge even at level 30 to figure out the right number of troops. I'm currently conquering the final sector of my map. If I had to divert my troops I'm building to tacking the next encampment to fight a random encounter it'd both increase the challenge and the fun.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i updated the first post , thanks to everyone posted here , let's hope our voice (Azariel) read this and send it to the dev team

World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea, like it too. But...
    My island is full of buildings, unless more zone are added to my island, enemy camps can't spawn to my island
    Also is enemy leveled up same like player? Do level 40 and Level 1 deal same enemies.
    Do you get another rewards than clearing zone and run up your buildings again? Experience, Loot.
    Will enemy spawn when Im logged in or out?
    If I go vacation, enemy spawn then? What happend if I go vacation and I have enemy in my island. Will enemy stop attacking, or I see destroyed island when I come back?

Reply to Thread