Reply to Thread

Thread: Noble Residence upgrade cost

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Noble Residence upgrade cost

Why do these have such high upgrade costs for lvl4/5?

For other production buildings, you gain from the buffs working better as they upgrade.
    Storage house is the only other upgrade building with no production and its both cheaper and the scale or storage increases as you upgrade (100/500/1500/3000/6000).

I think the upgrade price should be matched with storage houses (500gc/300marble for lvl4 and 500ewp/300granite for lvl5)
    and you should get +20 for lvl4 and +30 for lvl5, so in the end they would give 30/40/50/70/100.

At the moment a noble deed bought through trade probably costs 700gc+ cheaper than the lvl4 upgrade, doesn't use a license and provides 40 extra population, a bit of a no-brainer which is the better option unless you find yourself with no island space left at all.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they have negative incentives in game to make buying more worthwhile than upgrading- they prefer u buy extra nobles than upgrade all u have to lvl 5

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    It is all about money, not game... period!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    shrug

i look at it from the point of view that any commercially released game (which most that are worthwhile playing are) will need to make money somewhere so there will always be a catch somewhere- either u need to buy the box or in f2p, get some strong incentives to pay

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    All depends on the speed you want to play. I thought this was excessive at first but I've not upgraded a few houses to level 4. I dont but noble houses very often so it's not about me spending cash to increase my population. It's more I've let it grow slowly as I can upgrade the houses

Reply to Thread