Reply to Thread

Thread: Massive production and poor trading possibilities

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Massive production and poor trading possibilities

Hello I am puzzled and unclear.
    My suggestion about the game is to solve this trade problem.

This is the trade related part from the rules:

"Trade

The Settlers Online players take to trading like ducks to water and, to offer the best possible support to players who want to pursue this activity, Blue Byte has also integrated a system into the game which players can use to trade with other players. However, to enable trade to be carried out in an orderly manner and without encroaching on the game enjoyment of others, trade should be transacted exclusively using this function, the message system or whispering, and not in one of the other chat rooms (except Global-3).

You are not allowed to sell in-game content (gems, codes, resources, accounts etc...) outside the game. You can obviously exchange in-game content for more in-game content on the designated channels.

Please note:
    Questions on or conversations about trading that take place in another chat room may annoy other players and, depending on the situation, the moderators may be prompted to issue warnings. Failure to comply with such warnings could result in a temporary or permanent exclusion from the chat."

At levels close to 50 players have from different resources huge output. I do sometimes 3 adventures every day and acquire big quantities of bread to cover the loss of population, in return I trade other in game content but with way bigger values.
    Trade level is at maximum of 400 units. As the part of the text states, it is legal to trade in game content like noble deeds or jolly geologists for other in game content. If this would not be legal I would have been banned long time ago.
    However for this there is not a normal trading function in the game.
    In this situation if I want to trade a Noble Deed for 100 stacks of water (1 stack = 400 units), I have to send the Deed and a gift (assumed and calculated risk). Rumors fly around that you could get banned if you send many trades with 1 stack for 1 unit of fish, or logs or whatever.

Changing the trading possibilities to cover everything that is permitted in any of the permitted ways would be a good idea.

Best Regards

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree, I hope the new system will allow us to trade flowerbeds, nobles, silos and watermills etc safely.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the problem with making these items tradable is that there will be less need to buy em. If all people quitting start giving away these items to their friends etc, then there is less need to buy em and hence less need for people to buy gems ....

So it might be a wish of the community, but dunno if it is a realistic one to expect to be implemented

Reply to Thread