Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Horseback tactical map - Normal generals - New pathfinding - Tripple block

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Cotax!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    While I appreciate the work, I have one small gripe with the title of this thread: 'triple block' suggests that three camps are blocked simultaneously (in the same fight). Therefore, I suspect many people will thing, upon reading the title, that there is some radically new trick involved. (while there isn't, it's just a thorough revision based on normal generals). Better call it 'three blocks'

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
    While I appreciate the work, I have one small gripe with the title of this thread: 'triple block' suggests that three camps are blocked simultaneously (in the same fight). Therefore, I suspect many people will thing, upon reading the title, that there is some radically new trick involved. (while there isn't, it's just a thorough revision based on normal generals). Better call it 'three blocks'
    Hey,

I know what u mean , i did change the title the same day that i made the guide, but the forum doesn't change it so i can't do anything about it.
    (u can see/read it at the first post, the title is in there and it says with 3 blocks )

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't really know how those blocks function and the link you've posted didn't work, sadly.

So I must just get to know what to do? If you can just describe the first block for me I would be greatefull probably it will make me understand... How do you move your general to that spot, as it is enemy area? And when to send off your second general to attack, while the first one is blocking? As I've understood it, you have got a very limited time to attack...

World
    Newfoundland
    This has been a great help for a tricky map.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and share it with us Cotax.

RiskyB
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuayana View Post
    I don't really know how those blocks function and the link you've posted didn't work, sadly.

So I must just get to know what to do? If you can just describe the first block for me I would be greatefull probably it will make me understand... How do you move your general to that spot, as it is enemy area? And when to send off your second general to attack, while the first one is blocking? As I've understood it, you have got a very limited time to attack...
    You can move your generals garrison position by clicking him and using the transfer option. While transferring he will not be attacked.

Once your generals are in place you can set up the blocks.

The 1st block you will need to do is camp 3 so clear camps 1 and 2 in the normal way with the suggested troops.
    After that send a 1rec general to camp 3 from the orange blocking camp.
    Check the tactical map for the positions of your garrisons.
    If you look closely at the map you will see a general on his horse with a red line through him. He will be along the orange line connecting your blocking garrison to camp 3. This is the time to send your 2nd general from your main attacking camp (green garrison on the map). Use the suggested troops. Getting the timing right is key. Look carefully at where the blocking general is placed on the tactical map and match it with your own sending of your main attacking general.

I fluffed this up a few times but eventually my braincell kicked in.

I hope it helps. Whisp me if you get stuck

RiskyB
    Last edited by RiskyBiscuits; 23.10.12 at 23:40.
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Okay, thanks - I think I understand it now, it just didn't make sense for me at first, with that first attack - thanks, I'll try it out and se how it goes, he :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I've got it - so far I've managed the two first blocks - many thanks for your help! :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    No one else seems to have had the problem, but with the last block my attacking general didn't have enough time to reach the camp, so he got intervened (he stepped into it the moment the blocker lost his battle and went outside again, stupid guy ;-) ). I managed only just in the second try, where I ordered him to attack a little earlier (one or to spots).

But otherwise great map, thanks for uploading! :-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuayana View Post

Hey, i dont play this game for a long time anymore.
    i only try to keep it updated.

i can not change the link, so ive added the source link of the movie
    found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IYwkzyisU

Have fun with it.

Reply to Thread