Reply to Thread

Thread: Co-op play: How to reinforce it in advs.

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Co-op play: How to reinforce it in advs.

Greetings devs and people,

First of all let me start by saying i'm a fairly new player (just lvl 32) and have a very difficult taste when it comes to games. However i have liked Settlers a lot so far for many reasons and hence i 'd like to see it grow and flourish.

I have recently jumped into adventures and today i did my first "group" one.
    People told me the extra slot is there as a "lootspot" only, which means that it somehow makes the adventure lose its group aspect.

One way to give an incentive to players to begin practically playing together is to impliment bonus features for:
    - Defeating an adventure in less than a given amount of time.
    For example, Dark Priests has a set time of 2 days to completion, however if you manage to do it in less than 4 hours with a friend of yours you could get a bonus. The bonus can either be doodads or decorative stuff (i'm all game for that, doesn't destabilise the game balance), buildings or materials.
    note: there can be a limit of generals in the game to avoid exploiting, like for example max 1 veteran and 2 normal generals.

- Defeating an adventure with less than a given amount of settlers
    This will be quite challenging for those who enjoy finding the best possible combination or strategy for a given sector or adventure altogether. It can give meaning to using a variety of units instead of just 2 types and also should be rewarding for the player since he managed to complete the adventure without losing an extreme amount of units. Good practise for/if/when pvp comes out too.
    note: the type of reward for this challenge should not be something game breaking so it's fair for all kinds of players in the game. Decorations and funky buildings might be just fine.

- Begin adventuring earlier
    I think it needs to be possible by lvl 20, or new players might not stay in the game long enough to experience it. I 've heard plenty of people in global chats say how bored they were and how fast...

Like friend Cough said, the lack of social interaction is the one thing this game needs to avoid.
    Those are my ideas for now, looking forward to feedback from whoever feels like it!
    Cheers,
    Makedon
    Last edited by Makedon; 07.08.12 at 12:21.

Under the stars, over the ground, between yesterday and tomorrow.
    World
    Northisle
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. Gamers of today are more social creatures than the Settlers-series solo players of old. I'm sure there are some things that can be done to enhance social aspect of the game without breaking current balances. Let us all put our thinking hats on.
    "All the world is but a beta server and we are test players."
    - William Shakesbeer, brewery worker .

World
    Northisle
    Hi all

It's sad to read so many good ideas on the forum like this one......
    Cuzz most of them are never looked after seriously......
    With suchs ideas from dedicated players, there could be atleast a (positive) comment from a mod.
    It is not really stimulating players in adding new ideas if many aren't watched by dev's/mod's...
    And if they do watch.....please..... a nice comment why we could or why we couldn't should be at his place!
    (Then we would know that they are being watched by someone with a bit more authority then us normal players)

To jump back to the topic......It's a very nice post, and i couldn't aggree more

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple-J View Post
    Hi all

It's sad to read so many good ideas on the forum like this one......
    Cuzz most of them are never looked after seriously......
    With suchs ideas from dedicated players, there could be atleast a (positive) comment from a mod.
    It is not really stimulating players in adding new ideas if many aren't watched by dev's/mod's...
    And if they do watch.....please..... a nice comment why we could or why we couldn't should be at his place!
    (Then we would know that they are being watched by someone with a bit more authority then us normal players)

To jump back to the topic......It's a very nice post, and i couldn't aggree more
    +1 for this and the original post idea

Under the stars, over the ground, between yesterday and tomorrow.
    World
    Northisle
    It seems we have lost this battle, my brothers in arms. Onward to new ones.
    "All the world is but a beta server and we are test players."
    - William Shakesbeer, brewery worker .

Reply to Thread