Closed Thread

Thread: New trade system = worse?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

New trade system = worse?

I have been playing the test server a bit and the new trade system seems quite nice, but there seems to have been a decision made to restrict the amount of trades that can occur to just 4 unless you pay coins or gems for any additional transfers and you have to pay every time you make a trade. The different is:

at the moment i can list 400marble for ~6gc and get ~30 quick trades.

with the new system, i can only get 4 of these trades unless i pay coins/gems for 2 extra "slots", not very cost effective when the coin cost for these temporary slots is higher than the value of the items i was hoping to get back.

can you please reconsider the trade blocking as its going to kill off any mass low level item trading.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Besides the point that your complaining on the live forums about something that is on the test server, it would still be an improvement over the current system. You can put up 4 times 10000 marble for 150 coins each, and sell way more than you do now. The current live system only lets each buyer buy 400, while most people want to buy way more than just 400 anyway, thus selling higher amounts is imo better.

But if you posted this complaint in one of the hundreds of similar complaint posts on the test forums, then you'd have seen that your not the only one who does not like this part of the new trade window. So until the new trade system is live, it's a bit early to complain on the live forums about a feature that certainly is not ready to go live.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I posted here because there tends to be more feedback rather than pure spam, also most the stuff added to the test server never gets changed unless its broken, the prices/etc tend to be final the moment they are added.

The point I was trying to make is its no good to rely on a few big trades since those require the people you are trading with to have the full amount, its better to be able to trade much smaller amounts with a lot more players and it also increases the chance of any trades happening at all.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Kotugo,

I understand why you posted here... but it still does not make it right.
    The point of the test server is to gather in the same forum, all the ideas, comments and feedback from players who have tested the new features.

Posting here is not only unhelpful for the test team as they won't see your comment, but will also be considered as spam as it's not the right place for it.

Thanks for understanding,
    Aza

PS: closing this.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Closed Thread