Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Insane guild quests

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by martint30 View Post
    billyjoel surely the more feed back they get the better
    agree, but crying about the same thing, not even bothering read the other posts is not feedback is crai. then dev comes and sees this mess and never come s here again. you dont want thet

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    In our case the situation is even more absurd. We are a small guild with 32 seats (31 are taken) from which maybe half are active. As our guildleader is inactive, and some of our members PAID to be an guildmember I am not going to kick anyone out, untill its clear that he/she stopped playing. Now, we do get stuck with an quest we can't finish because 11 people need to finish it, and no way of cancelling it. I know ofcourse most of our players but i don't have them all on my friendslist so there is no easy way to check who is active and who is not.

The only solution i can see is talk with our guild members and kick enough people who are (for so far I know stopped playing) so that we get at least below the guild-quest limit and we no longer loose resources for nothing.

The only other solution is to pay up and get myself an new guild house, start a new guild (for the 3rd!!! time) and get with our active players playing without those annoying expensive guild quests.
    Last edited by Mystic; 16.08.12 at 14:26.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    A few of my leather bags needs a loving treatment as well, Grow. Combined guild effort will indeed be needed. I'll consider uploading a picture of my shoe collection. But just getting them all out of their storage boxes and lining them up - and then having to put it all back in place after - would take half the day.

- Donations for new shoes are kindly received.

- MrsS
    Last edited by MrsSloth; 16.08.12 at 14:26.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    These kind of quests would be reasonable, if it would be in a way:

"raise the guild stock of longbows to 5k" -> each guild member can contribute as much as they can, one can drop 1 bow, another 4k bows. As long as the requirement is met... the subquest idea sucks as it is.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalPink View Post
    But the resource we are giving up is not worth the reward which is silly since it means we are completing the quest for the quests sake.
    Many a parent invests endless amounts energy and resources in ever more demanding kids.
    Still it strengthens their family-bound.

I give up resources in real life too, just to feed hungry bellies at the other side of planet.

Why do you always scream for a reward or a bonus?
    My personal hobby; firing people like you from their job, just for the sake of my evergrowing bankaccount.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSloth View Post
    But just getting them all out of their storage boxes and lining them up - and then having to put it all back in place after - would take half the day.
    I get the picture
    Last edited by Grow; 16.08.12 at 14:40.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    billyjoel: I think it is understandable that people are sort of disappointed and angry even - it was almost impossible to believe that the system would be put live in this condition. Everybody thought that the quest reward would have to be something else than what the facts stated. And as there haven't been any other official comments about the fact other than "Your concerns have been noted" the situation is a bit of a let down.

There is just no point in making twenty people put massive amounts of resources down the drain just for the fact that "that's community at work". There should always be actual reward to make people motivated to invest time and energy in these kinds of projects. Currently there is no reward at all, just losses.

I'm just bewildered that what the devs where thinking when they figured that the system would be good for live as it is currently... I am totally at a loss. That's why I'd love to hear some kind of official statement from Blue Byte that what was their point in this guild quest system?

1) Why have they set the rewards as they currently are
    2) Why have they set the costs as they currently are

If we got some answers to these questions, we could have intelligent conversation. Currently I am just at a loss.

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Maugister View Post
    billyjoel: I think it is understandable that people are sort of disappointed and angry even - it was almost impossible to believe that the system would be put live in this condition. Everybody thought that the quest reward would have to be something else than what the facts stated. And as there haven't been any other official comments about the fact other than "Your concerns have been noted" the situation is a bit of a let down.

There is just no point in making twenty people put massive amounts of resources down the drain just for the fact that "that's community at work". There should always be actual reward to make people motivated to invest time and energy in these kinds of projects. Currently there is no reward at all, just losses.

I'm just bewildered that what the devs where thinking when they figured that the system would be good for live as it is currently... I am totally at a loss. That's why I'd love to hear some kind of official statement from Blue Byte that what was their point in this guild quest system?

1) Why have they set the rewards as they currently are
    2) Why have they set the costs as they currently are

If we got some answers to these questions, we could have intelligent conversation. Currently I am just at a loss.
    i can completely undestand we also have huge problems with the reward amont, dont get me wrong. all i say is that the drama is too much, and you guys are exagerating. a lot. ever think that there is reason they did this?

but at least they dont say, you dont like it then dont make it, but they say they noted and will probablyu fix soon yes?

so stop the crai omg

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Fair enough, but I think it's better to make it clear that people are wondering about this than just stay quiet. The more intense the conversation is, the clearer it is to the devs that there is something wrong. And in my opinion this has not been much of a drama, more than just people pointing out that there is no logic in this thing.

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Maugister View Post
    Fair enough, but I think it's better to make it clear that people are wondering about this than just stay quiet. The more intense the conversation is, the clearer it is to the devs that there is something wrong. And in my opinion this has not been much of a drama, more than just people pointing out that there is no logic in this thing.
    stay quiet? they always stay quiet! you say its like the first time haha. but you must think bb people are stupid and not see this? i more think this is error, the numbers are too small, it is trueth

World
    Sandycove
    Re GUILD QUESTS or more like guild losses......It seems that the programmers did not think it through very well again all i here is players complaining about losing goods that they play hard to get so you guys at BB need to sort this out FAST or you will start to lose people (playing and paying).you need to get it sorted out for next week or sooner
    from looking at all the other comments it's making the game harder to play i am so glad i am in a guild of 11 right now
    and i think we will cap it at 19 members untill i hear good things about the changes
    There is a saying "change is good" but this time it dont apply to these new changes...come on guys give us a break!
    Last edited by BadMonkey; 16.08.12 at 17:09.

Reply to Thread