Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Insane guild quests

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The only thing i said is that the XP gain for those guild quests is totally out of line compared to the xp you can get from doing adventures. I am myself at level 45 and got already more then 1mln xp. Just taking into account my last quest, the one for 3000 marble, will take about 20 L1 marble masons to prodcue in one day. My island will be able to produce that many (and also most of the other resources) on a daily base, but a lot of players won't..

To be honest I expect that any activity in the guild quests will fade very rapidly.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    All that needs to be said, has been said, so I'll just say that i agree with all of you.

Nimble_D.
    Last edited by Nimble_D; 22.08.12 at 11:02.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    About that, what BB has said about the rewards (in here http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ation-amp-help)

xp is rare and should stay rare. Well, in my opinion, as I am soon lvl 40, something like 97 is like a adding water to ocean one drop at a time, not helping at all (Need 70 000 xp to get to the next level, so 97 xp is like 0,13% of that... Not getting there EVER with these). And getting that level is actually not that marvellous. You get few gems to buy gold deposits or lisences if you save them. It's not like you get godly powers or anything otherwise usefull out of leveling up. Point being, guild quests are completely useless. You get more experiance points by killing few bandids in any adventure. With those resources you lose, you can build a small army, and suicide run in some useless adventure, like traitors, and get around 20 times the XP. You can also buy the traitors with few marbles etc, so that kind of settles it...

I - nor anyone else in their right mind - would use tons of resources to get few XP and 10 coins, if the alternative option is to use those resources to get some army up, buying cheap adventure and getting the xp out from there and you get a lot of "left over" resources compared to that guild guest.

Currenty the guild guest is like: "Throw a heck of a lot stuff in the well, bows, swords... you name it. And then once you have thrown enough stuff away, we give you... erm... this nice piece of nothingness. BUT hey! It brought you guys together, didn't it?" - no, it didn't... It has nothing to do with the idea of common "helping each other out", because there is no winners, everybody loses. Rewards should be always GREATER than the resources put in to it, not worse. I'd think about tossing 5000 tools away, if i get like 500 coins out of it. I could trade 5k tools, and get something like 300-450 coins out of it. Now being a Quest, the reward should be greater than that what i could trade it off for, otherwise it would be smarter to just trade it off.

------

As you developers most likely don't even bother reading this, I feel partially sad. This quest-line has been such a disappointment for most players (if you'd look around and see how many happy faces there are about this... none) I see lots of gamers quitting because they are not paid any attention in the near future.

Take care now, bye bye then.

World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Guild Quest ideas

"Quote Originally Posted by LadyDicegirly"
    "Since we are all now parting with large amounts of resources for the guild quests, I think it would be a nice idea if, rather than them disappearing into the nether, that the resources required for these guild quests went to a central guild "bank" which could then be redistributed as needed.
    People could request from the guild leader for trades for example and the resources wouldn't be lost.
    I think a lot of people begrudge such a lot of requirement for so little reward, but would feel better about it if it were going to the guild to benefit all."

Now for my additions

I agree with most of what has been mentioned in various threads about the Guild Quests.
    However, the rewards are too little for so many resources,I understand that BB are trying to encourage Guilds to be more unified and incorporate teamwork,but the rewards are ridiculous.
    I do however agree with the BB comments about Exp. & it being rare and that it should remain rare, or we will all be ranting about being top level and now twiddling thumbs has ensued.

BB, PLEASE take note and hopefully adjust the Guild Quests by either:

1.Reduce the amount of resources required for the quests by individual members,
    2.If number 1 is not an option then offer substantially better rewards,
    3.maybe implement the above quotation,
    4.make it so that a 30%-50% of Guild members have to do same task,ie, 15-25 / 40-50 guild members must make available 20'000 hardwood and have a "Guild Bank" type of arrangement as mentioned above and obviously with a fare return on the rewards which could work out similar to random loot from 2-3player adventures.(this is my favourite option out of all my/others ideas)

Ps.
    Keep up the good work BB and hope u can chillax the masses asap
    Last edited by DUNJAI; 22.08.12 at 18:58. Reason: repeated word removal

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjoel View Post
    before you wasted precious seconds of your life did you take time and read the offficial announcement that makes your post to equal a pile of rubbish? why do you criticise when you clearly donot understand how all works? i completely agree that you feel pain but before craing take a step back and look at it from another point.

also, there were something like 80 people voting and maybe around 40 complaining. that from 500.000 + players.

are you aware that you are the 1% that crais? are you aware that guild are making quest trying to help eachoder and having fun? no, you not aware you just use offensive attitute cause you so smart and you expect them to help? this is not the way.

hear them out then ask questions, but dont act as idiot and go insult mode. not cool.

(before you react a nice post to this, cause i know you will, its obivous youre a troll, ask yourself again : did i read the official announcement before i come here to crai and insult?) i link again cause maybe your scroll up button is broken : http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ation-amp-help
    The OBIVOUS troll here will be you,clearly u didnt read my post or you just dont understand wich is offcourse possible but then dont react. Reading your other posts says it all. Pls go play your lego's,torture your Barbie but stay away from this forum Thanks in advance

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I for sure can tell you that the cost/reward ratio just blows my mind. It's not because I can't afford to waste these resources everyday (yes waste as doing it is just stupid), it's because I'm not going to and I don't see why anyone else would waste something that they can make 15 times bigger reward for same resources. We (as my guild and I) have no problems with the quest as for the number of people that has to do it (56 of us did it the 1st day), but that was the last day we did or even tried to do it because of how useless it is for the moment (or should I say wasteful?). It needs to be improved A LOT. EXP is rare and should stay rare you say? Wait what? Most I've ever done in a day is about 150k+ so what am I going to do with some 300+exp reward that sucks out the resources? And that's just for being level 49.. Low levels get as low as 50- exp.. you just can't be serious..
    Last edited by deLy; 28.08.12 at 10:30.

World
    Northisle
    How to kill a game fast

billyjoel
    we have so many pro people here who know this will kill game and will make people quit. wonder why not work in the industry.

IT WILL BE FIXED / ADJUSTED IN THE FUTURE <--- understand this. easy

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Now...INSANITY!!!You BB ppl just lot your minds,it is not possible this
    I am asked to throw away 600 gold ore for the amazing amount of 10gc,INSANITY!!!
    Maybe you don't know,though that you are the game developers...but know nothing about the game I will make simple with buffs on smelter and coinage 300 gold coins with 600 gold ore,you just offer me 290 gold coins less to throw away,with no benefits at all to no one my gold ore.
    NO I DON'T DO STUPIDITY!!!

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjoel View Post
    we have so many pro people here who know this will kill game and will make people quit. wonder why not work in the industry.

IT WILL BE FIXED / ADJUSTED IN THE FUTURE <--- understand this. easy
    You 've been wrong every step of the way you damn troll.
    Aren't you tired of crying yet?

Just because something 'will' get fixed in the nearest FUTURE years, doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions.
    Are you really that stupid or are you acting for an oscar?

Oh, as for the ridiculous explanation of this being the first "xp" rewarding feature after adventures... Let me just state simple math here.
    Spending an amount of resources that equals to 500 recruits means 500 less recruits for the dozens of adventures we have in stock. Means
    slower speed on clearing adventures. Means much less xp gain. And you know what? That xp lost is MUCH MUCH higher than the 61 xp we get for having 14 people complete the ridiculous guild quest. Get it now?

Reply to Thread