Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Improvements - Bank, Levels, etc

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Guild Improvements - Bank, Levels, etc

Trying to get a new guild off the ground and quite surprised at how few options there are available to guilds. I've run guilds in other online games so here is a small list of items that I believe would prove beneficial to guilds and their members.

Guild Ranks
    4 ranks is too few, 8 would provide the ability for guilds to offer a proper 'progression' from a lowly rank 8 novice to a rank 3 knight. These extra ranks could also be used to control other guild activities.

Guild House Upgrades
    Allow the Guild House building to be upgraded to level 5. Each level would open up certain benefits.

Guild Places
    The current method of purchasing certificates is not particularly fantastic as it means most guilds have to force players to pay to join. 400gc per member is actually quite a lot early on in the game especially considering how critical Gold Coins are for upgrading buildings.

My suggestion is to join the Guild House and member slots together along the lines of this:

Level 1 = allows a maximum of 20 members. Each member slot costs 50gc each (Guild House starts with 15 member slots)
    Level 2 = increases maximum number of members to 40. Each member slot (above 20) costs 100gc each
    Level 3 = increases maximum number of members to 60. Each member slot (above 40) costs 150gc each
    Level 4 = increases maximum number of members to 80. Each member slot (above 60) costs 200gc each
    Level 5 = increases maximum number of members to 100. Each member slot (above 80) costs 250gc each
    The total Gold Coin cost of getting to 100 places would be only 14,250 instead of 36,000 however the difference would be easily absorbed by the cost to upgrade the building. It would almost certainly encourage people to join guilds.

Guild Treasury/Bank
    The thing that is lacking the most. A Guild House should be able to receive resources from any member. Again the level of the building would dictate the amount of storage space available (something like 5000 per level).

There would need to be customisable controls that restricts withdrawal of different resource types based on member rank and such like.

Guild Taxes/Joining Fee
    If a guild wishes to charge a joining fee and/or a monthly membership fee then this should be set up from the Guild House and the fee placed into the Guild Treasury/Bank additionally make this appear when you're looking at a guild's information.

Guild Projects
    Guild House
    The task of upgrading a Guild House should fall not just to the guild master but to all players involved. Provide a way of allowing all members to contribute to the next level of upgrade. This means each upgrade will require resources from all levels. Once the target level has been reached then players will receive XP based on their percentage of contribution.

Guild Quests
    I know that guild quests have only just been implemented but it would be quite nice if a guild master/office could select an additional daily & guild wide quest. Make the requirement and reward fixed but something that isn't a 'regular' item - so a x3 workyard buff, a barracks buff, mine top up etc, also allow a custom quest description. It would just make members actually feel like they're part of a community rather than it just being another part of the game.

General Chat
    Allow guild masters and officers the ability to promote the guild with a different colour in general chat.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Guild Treasury/Bank
    The thing that is lacking the most. A Guild House should be able to receive resources from any member. Again the level of the building would dictate the amount of storage space available (something like 5000 per level).

There would need to be customisable controls that restricts withdrawal of different resource types based on member rank and such like.

^^ that part could be implemented to the quild guests. "raise your guild stock of something to 10k"... and each guildmember can add there the amount they can afford. Great

Guild taxes is a bad idea, since sometimes people have to be offline for periods of time, who's going to pay then... or kick out?
    Guild places should stay as they are, since most players have already paid 400 coins for their seat in the table.
    Ranks, well... doesn't really matter. Could be used if some leader want to. If it is not compulsory, then +1 from me.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FinCameli View Post
    Guild taxes is a bad idea, since sometimes people have to be offline for periods of time, who's going to pay then... or kick out?
    I'd advocate that this is an optional item. The way I've seen it done before is that the player gets a period of time to pay - e.g. they get sent their tax e-mail 1 week before it's due and pay it. If they fail to (they're on holiday or ill) it's down to the Guild Master to choose what they do. Basically it forms part of managing the guild.

Guild places should stay as they are, since most players have already paid 400 coins for their seat in the table.
    Although I accept that there could be a retrospective issue for those who have paid coins for their place, I feel the current setup is flawed in a number of ways.

I'll give my case over. I actually only know one person on Sandycove (who is a friend) so what I'm asking is for random strangers to hand over X gold coins to join a guild. Equally if I chose to join a guild, I'd be very cautious about handing over 400 coins in case I didn't get on with people in the guild and left. If each player purchased a Guild Certificate for 400gc and they kept it (thus allowing them to become a member of any guild they chose - but only one at a time) then that would actually be a better setup.

Ranks, well... doesn't really matter. Could be used if some leader want to. If it is not compulsory, then +1 from me.
    It would be an option. Like I've briefly touched on, I think each guild should be run as the guild members/leader want to run it. If they want to have a strict hierarchy and insist people gain a level every 2 days then that's fine - equally if everybody is there for a laugh and to buff each other, it's down to the guild to setup how they want

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can BB tell us please why Guild Leader is a “rank”?
    We have another one rank for the 2-3 Guild administrators and so we have only 2 (TWO) ranks left to manage 96-97 Guild members!!!
    Are you sure that you thought about it BB?

Reply to Thread