Reply to Thread

Thread: How many bronze weaponsmith

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

How many bronze weaponsmith

I am lvl 26 and have 3 zones left on my island 6, 8 and 9. How many bronze weaponsmith is the normal to have. I have 3 at level 2, and dont know if i can make material to keep more going. Copper mines i upgrade to lvl 2, dont know if they are worth to level higher, they would empty very fast.
    But i need a lot of recruits, and as it is now, it takes very long time to get enought swords to train them.
    So far done one adventure twice, Bounty hunter and found a new Horseback, but looks like that need a huge amount of forces.
    And how hight should I aim for population limit, atm it is 490.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I have none. I don't upgrade my copper mines either.

Not sure if that is good or bad - but it's a licience in use all the time when I only need recruits some of the time. So I trade for all my bronze swords as and when I need them.

My population level is 2000.

Hope this helps.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Atm i dont really trade at all, i try to produce what i need. Have bought a few gems to buy some extra licenses. Upgrading buildings is a bit of problem, at least over lvl 3 because of the need of gold coins, which i dont have much of. And later level building need gold from lvl 1. Even hard wood is a bit shortage, have 8 hardwood sawmill (i think) at level 2 and some are lvl 3.

Thinking if it is worth to have gold mine, but it has to be refilled, otherwise it is not worth it. The mines i found has 300 gold ore, if i would buy a refill, how hight can it be filled up? the refiller has 500 ore.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I've got 2 Lvl 3 bronze weaponsmiths and have a very decent level of swords in my store, I've not changed this since around level 20. Copper smelters I think I've 5 level 2's and 1 level 3 - these aren't necessarily turned on all of the time and I really should upgrade all into level 3's and remove one or two!

I tend to run one or two copper mines at level 2 and if I drop below 500 ore I'll stick down 4 or 5 level 1 mines and just push that level up a bit.

Gold mines are only worth it if you refill and buff every element in the gold chain. Personally at your level you're better off selling the raw materials on the trade market - that is going to be your best way of getting gold coins in all honesty! I regularly trade bread, beer and sausages for gold coins around 20gc per stack. I occasionally will trade for water and the odd horse but generally produce everything I need myself.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh I did notice this morning (and it may have been a fluke) that a stack of copper ore was selling for 20gc - and a stack of bronze swords was selling for the same... As such you might find it more efficient to sell copper ore and buy the swords

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Was trying to find some swords in the trade, but the few i send offer, did not reply. And sold some marble, but dont really know what the prices are, but sold a few stack for 20 gc each. When i get more mats, i think i uppgrade my bronze weaponsmith to lvl 3, so far i produce more bronze and coal than i use. But the need for bronze swords is huge. 200 recruit need 2000 sword, and attack a bandit camp, all recruits are gone, need another 2000 for second wave, where maybe 50 % survive, then next camp. Ofc little use of other troops as well, but mostly recruits.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Bronze Swords, Bread (+Settlers) and Brew are pretty much always in demand for exactly the reason you state. To "instantly" replace 200 recruits you require 2000 bronze swords, 5000 bread and 1000 brew.

World
    Northisle
    If it helps I have 3 x lvl3 Bronze weaponsmiths, which I buff to keep production up. The copper mines I build and run at lvl2. I'm lvl 39.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have now 3 lvl 3 bronze weaponsmith, but atm only 2 is running, have 3,6k swords atm. More in need on horses atm, have 1 lvl 2 stable. But started to produce some beer, have 8 brewery atm and lot of farms to keep them up, and lot of wells too. Slowly uppgrading them 3 are at lvl 3, rest is lvl 2, but when i get more hardwood i uppgrade rest. Need to uppgrade 2 farm and 1 brewery. then next group. Was thinking to sell the beer in provision house, but so far i have sold it on trade, for around 10-12 gc stack.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    This could be fixed if a recruit would use 1 sword not 10! I hate that.

Reply to Thread