Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ore deposit bug

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Ore deposit bug

Hi all,
    after the last patch I have a strange bug. When I queue an iron or coal mine for building, but then cancel them, they disappear from the queue and together with them the corresponding deposit goes missing. It is not on the map already and you need to send the geologist again to find it. Logoff and login doesn't clear this.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi,

sry but it has always been like this, it is not a new bug.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    True I've known this issue since I started playing the game. The resolution is to only place a mine that you actually want building.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for letting me know this. In my case I saw too late that I lacked the resources to build those mines, so cancelled them. I didn't know the deposit goes away with that too.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't believe it should allow you to build the mine if you lack the resources to do so

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Today I send geologist to find marble deposit, and after 10 minutes I logged off. After few hours I logged in again and there was no deposit discovered. Looked all map for it but had to send geologist again. I don't know is it same bug. I will try to do same again later, to find out.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius170 View Post
    Today I send geologist to find marble deposit, and after 10 minutes I logged off. After few hours I logged in again and there was no deposit discovered. Looked all map for it but had to send geologist again. I don't know is it same bug. I will try to do same again later, to find out.
    There are 10 deposits a unskilled geologist can find but only if you own sectors 1,3,5 & 8.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    What you mean by saying unskilled and about those sectors? Currently I have 3 stone, 3 marble, 2 copper and 4 iron. So it is more than 10 in total. And my geologist has one book trained for larger copper deposits.

World
    Newfoundland
    There is a few deposits on the map that are exclusive, ie. only one of the pair can be discovered at a time, which is why you will always have one stone and one marble collapsed and you will not be able to refresh it.

There's a skill up in the skill tree that gives a chance to discover an extra deposit, and this one can refresh the unique ones, but in the long run its not worth it. Just mine from whatever you have.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsman View Post
    I don't believe it should allow you to build the mine if you lack the resources to do so
    It will allow you to add it to the queue (even if there are no other buildings in the queue already). However when the builder gets to the site, the construction will not begin, and the queue slot will have a red exclamation mark with the icon of the missing resource. If you then go and get that resource in any way (trade,production, moving from star, etc), the construction begins immediately.

Reply to Thread