Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water and Wheat Refils

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Water and Wheat Refils

As with many players I've reached "that level" where replacing wheat fields and wells has actually become a chore. I think I have around 15 level 3 farms in order to produce enough bread, brew and horses and am logging in at least twice a day and spending up to 20 minutes plonking down new fields.

In principal I accept this as part of the game, however if I miss one of my twice daily replacement routines - for example because I'm going out for the evening - then it causes complete havoc and half of my settlement grinds to a halt. I cannot believe that this was originally how the game was intended to play.

My suggestion is to allow the creation of +wheat and +water within the provision house that you can use to level up fields in the same way you can with fish and meat deposits. These should take more resources than just placing a regular field.

An alternative would be to allow fields and wells to upgrade the capacity

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneMunki View Post
    As with many players I've reached "that level" where replacing wheat fields and wells has actually become a chore. I think I have around 15 level 3 farms in order to produce enough bread, brew and horses and am logging in at least twice a day and spending up to 20 minutes plonking down new fields.

In principal I accept this as part of the game, however if I miss one of my twice daily replacement routines - for example because I'm going out for the evening - then it causes complete havoc and half of my settlement grinds to a halt. I cannot believe that this was originally how the game was intended to play.

My suggestion is to allow the creation of +wheat and +water within the provision house that you can use to level up fields in the same way you can with fish and meat deposits. These should take more resources than just placing a regular field.

An alternative would be to allow fields and wells to upgrade the capacity

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well that would be bad for me that have spendt money on silos

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I believe architect buildings from the gem shop will be included in the new trade system (based on my interpretation of a BB's post).

That should make buying silos for gold coins more common .

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Why not just make building time of wells and wheat fields like 10 sec or so? So if you have 50 fields to replace (because you havent logged in for a day) you can get it done in a few minuts.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 20:29.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    They are also one of the main reasons why people are leaving the game.

Faster replacing depleatables will not hurt gem items, since you will still need to do work to replace them, it will just be less annoying.
    Last edited by opasni_; 02.09.12 at 13:15.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    infact building shood be instant not that they going to do that but it would make it allot less frustrating to build also since you still have to build the wheat fealds if you dont have silo i dont mind is just then there would be no need to buy the exstra 3 slots to hold more so some gems sells lost on that but would make all allot more happy i think

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    these are negatives to keep enough incentives in game for people to buy gem-items like watermills and silo's so doubt it will change
    I agree partially. However due to the vast requirement of water and wheat it is unlikely that anybody will have the quantity of watermills or silos to completely cover their requirement. If a watermill were quadruple the output (like a friary) or a silo topped up all fields touching it then this would become a more feasible option.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well i got 23 water mills 36 silos i use nothing else and is fine

Reply to Thread