Reply to Thread

Thread: Insanity

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Insanity

Simply because the name Scooby is slang for drugs in certain places doesn't mean it should be filtered, it's a cartoon dog too!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    so is the letter k cencored (witch is ridiculous imho), and the word "mut" (witch is a shortening for word "but" in finnish.. yeah, try to discuss with people, without using the word "but"). Almost every word is some sort of a swearing in other languages, you just can't cencor them all, so only cencor english crap, and maybe the bad words of the particular language channels (in finnish channel, cencor finnish swearing words, in swedish, cencor swedish ugly words etc.)

Also all links (url's) are cencored, whitch is undersandable in the global-1 and trade... but in every channel (guild, officers, whispers), how about letting guild admins choose the words to cencor, as the leaders gets to choose the persons to join in the guild in the first place

It would be helpfull, if the writer gets to see his text as others see it... I have no idea i'm being cencored, if no-one in the chat tells me that (i see my text uncencored). With the rate this is going, we'll be soon reading text like:

"hi, I *** an *** about *** *** *** while ***, *** got any *** how *** it? *** thanks"

World
    Newfoundland
    Your MOD team is 110% behind you on this - there are many words and of course the good old letter K which are censored and should not be, whilst there are others which are offensive and clearly should be filtered which are not. We have compiled a list of these words and have reported them to BB on numerous occasions and yet are told that either it is not a priority or the filter list cannot be changed.

As MODs it makes our life extremely hard at times, especially when you have people with names such as Scooby or Dong, both off which appear as *** when typed. The only way that we stand a chance of getting this looked at and raised to an appropriate level would be for players to bombard Support with complaints about the filter.... over to you guys!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Well one way to do this is start getting those on global-1 noticing

It can be confusing for the mods as well I mentioned scoobys name and got a warning because they thought i was swearing lol

Also how hard can it be to edit a sql or whatever file type they are using

*EDIT*
    Last edited by kendris; 05.09.12 at 00:27.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I've honestly never come across a game chatroom more restrictive than this one.
    What I'd like to know is why the chatroom is rated as pegi-7. But maybe I'm alone on this one one issue. I cant imagine that many 7 year olds would play this game, let alone sit on the internet. But then again, Im most likely wrong. Times change. When I was 7 I played videogames maybe one hour a day at most. The rest was spent outside. Erm but yea offtopic. And besides this will probly never change But it should, imo, considering all the adults that play.

I'll try to do my part and send in a support request regarding the weird censorship.That's a much more urgent issue.

Reply to Thread