Reply to Thread

Thread: A Couple Of Suggestions

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

A Couple Of Suggestions

I very rarely visit the forums so not sure if any of these idea have been suggested before.

Auction House - An upgrade for the provision house, maybe using ewp and granite (note not excessive amounts, no more than 1k of each)also not upgrade-able with gems. After doing this upgrade you can auction off your excess materials to the highest bidder for the material of your choosing, here's the catch though, it is a silent auction and nobody can see the other bids and you can only bid 3 times on each auction. Auctions to last just an hour or two and you can only post a few auctions per day. All items should be auctionable including gem gifts and the cost is taken direct from your stores at time of bidding. There should be no limit on the amount you can bid. Hopefully this may put an end to so called "scammers". Obviously the item would need to be in your stores or star menu. Imagine being able to auction a maxed lonely marble block! Only created settlers from bread would be immune to auctioning.

Mayors House - After upgrading maybe an increase in either pop limit or settler spawn rate along with the increase in stores. I'm not talking massive numbers maybe an increase in pop limit by 10 per level so a maxed MH will only give an additional room for 40 settlers. As for the spawn rate I think a decrease by 1 minute per level should still keep the game at it's nice sedate rate.

General Exp - The more a general battles and wins the more exp he gains and can level up just like the player. Say for every 10 levels he can command an extra 10 troops in his army, Maxed out at 50 of course but that would mean by that point he would have gained 500 levels. Would only apply to the reg gen of course. My thinking behind this is to reduce the reliance on guides for adventures and make players think more creatively, also it shouldn't lower the value of the vet gen due to the high amount of exp needed to reach that level.

Stack-able Buffs - I'm not thinking of being able to spam a building with dozens of buffs to keep it permanently shiny. Just 2 or 3 max and only on your own island. This would hopefully still make it worthwhile to buff each other regularly. Also the limit for buffs could be at baskets to keep the sale of gem buffs viable.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I want to add the possibility to send a trade order & a mail to all in guild & friend list will make the game a lot more fun to play! this is easy to integrate; so we don't have to click them all separate & i can send a few trade orders they can accept when they come online. Hope bb will work on it soon if they want to make a tight setler community there shood be a lot of interaction between player's.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Again I have set my brain to work.

Achievements, Trophies, Acomplishments, Milestones or what ever you want to call them. As is the tradition of these things they should be utterly pointless and add nothing to the game except for bragging rights, so how about making actual milestone decorations for the island that are unlocked after reaching a certain criteria? They could all look identical and the description only appears if somebody clicks on them. Obviously if any system were to be put into place then the more experienced players would have a load unlocked instantly.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Most of the complaints on the forums that I have read recently are that players are getting bored or have nothing to play for after reaching level 50. I have come up with what I think are a couple of easy to implement ideas to help combat this.

Adventures - Most people have become bored of doing adventures as all that is needed to do is follow your favourite guide, make the needed troops and off you go. How about implementing a random camp placement system? Basically what I have in mind is that each adventures keeps the camps and the enemies the same but each time you load it up the camps are in different places. Imagine loading up a Witch Of The Swamp and the witches tower is right next to the landing zone? Result! This would end people relying on guides (and yes I am one of those people) and make them use their noggins. Also maybe adventures like Traitors may get played a bit more often.

Level 50 and above - I suggest just abandon the level cap. Up the rewards for going up each level by say 500 gems with a further increase of 100 gems for every 10 levels there after. I do not think that these numbers will have an adverse effect on peoples gem buying habits simply due to the masses of exp needed to go up a level at those heights.

Lag - Every 3 months do a check of those who haven't logged in for 30 days then send those inactive players a mail stating that unless they log in within the next 30 days there account will be wiped. Hopefully this will free up some server space.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by MOD_Gytha_Ogg; 28.10.12 at 00:07.

World
    Newfoundland
    i like your idea of trophies and i would like to see it implemented , and i want to see something that you can do after level 50, probably some unique PvP features or something related

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    WHat about combining the generals getting xp with research ?
    Have the general level up from 1-5. on each level u can assign points to: (depending on what general)
    - raise army cap. Depends on what type of general. The vet alrdy at 250 so he cant get more.
    - Generals hit pts.
    - Generals damage output.

- Reaper abilities. Only for the grimm reaper ofc. Example. He frightens enemys so they are scared stiff for 1 round.
    example level 1: he got a 50% chanse to scare 1% enemy troops. lvl2: 60% scare chanse + 2%. lvl3: 70% +3% lvl4 80% +4% 5.90% 5%.
    or something like this.

- THe veteran has the ability to give morale bonuses to his assigned troops. Like they getting 1-5% more damage and/or hit pts depending on hs level.

- Battle hardened General. Can have his attack speed increased depending on level. Think he can get more benefits on his own damage output and
    hitpoints than the other generals coz of his Strong armour and his fitness.

- General stronghelmets ame as Battlehardened veteran.

- Normal Generals. Cant get more speed, But can get he other bonuses but lower than the special ones, except for Reaper ability.

Well just to get it out of my mind and post it inhere. I been thinking of this a long time. THere might be other stuff a general can train.
    THere also can be stuff that the generals must not or cant train. Plz post your ideas.
    Last edited by Lazarus163; 28.10.12 at 10:16.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Any chance of an extra indicator on any of the economic units to indicate the total number of that type of facility so that, for example, if I click on a stone mason it will indicate that this is one of two/three/whatever stone masons. Or it could be included in the production flow diagrams.

Reply to Thread