Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests: Explanation & help - player response

World
    Sandycove

Guild Quests: Explanation & help - player response

Guild Quests: Explanation & help

Dear players,

Because we received a lot of questions regarding the new daily guild quests, the „The Settlers Online“ team summed up the most important information and explanations for you .

Guild size

The goal of the guild quests is to strengthen the guilds. Therefore we want to give you reason to found bigger guilds. We already see positive movements within the guilds. We’ve been monitoring the current situation and might change the member limit needed, but this won’t happen before September.

Quests rewards

Some of you complained about the rewards being too small in relation to the resources that have to be invested. The guild quest is the first feature besides adventures that rewards you with XPs. That is why we choose the amount of XP with caution. We wanted to prevent a negative influence of the guild quests on the global balancing of the entire game.

XPs had been rare and XP should stay rare

Within the next weeks there will be more possibilities to earn XPs: The economic adventures, new quest chains / new tutorial and all main quests will grant you XPs. Because the guild quests are designed to fit into the whole package of new (upcoming) ways to earn XPs, the rewards must be balanced within the entire context.
    We will increase the rewards of the guild quests. But this won’t happen during the next weeks, because we’ve been waiting for feedback from our testserver, regarding the new quest chain / tutorial. Afterwards we can focus on rebalancing the whole package of new XP features.

At the latest we should increase the rewards for the guild quests for the Halloween event! Furthermore more quests will be implemented. Since the release only 1/3 of all new quests have been activated.

"Impossible" quests

Supporting guild members with resources and helping each other (leeching) not only is tolerated, it is desired! That is what a guild is meant for: The mutual help and internal trade of resources. Please do not mix up “helping” your members with “pushing”. Pushing is not allowed. In most cases of pushing there are accounts that send resources very often and only one-way to the pushed one who uses the resources for his own goals. Helping means to share resources via trade to give a member the opportunity to fulfill his task.
    Hence, that’s why there are no impossible quests, but there are quests that require guild trade in order to complete the tasks.

We will keep our eyes on this topic in the future and, if needed, will do more adjustments. We hope this message brought some light into the dark and helped you understand the new feature.
    Regards,

the “Settlers Online” Team
    Represented by BB_
    This is posted in the announcement forum in response to our feedback about the guild quests (where we can't reply )

Personnally i never considered them impossible i just considered them not worth doing (600 gold ore for 10 gold coins, running 600 gold ore through unbuffed gold industry would provide more and whats the first rule of gold economy? buff it) in the same way i would not ask guild members to sell all there stuff on trade at a poor price.

World
    Sandycove
    I have some issues with the sheer volume of resources required. One day of giving up 3000 pine wood and 1500 hard wood is not a problem. At a push and with buffing I could manage a second day, but after that I start to run out rapidly, as I simply do not have that much over-production. I do understand that guilds are all about helping each other, and I quite happily help those guild members who don't have their particular resource, but pretty much everyone in my guild will be in the same position. After a few days we will collectively run out of resources. At that point we would have to stop doing quests or stop building our own economies in order to do quests. If that would be the case people would start leaving guilds I imagine. A lack of resources would also have the potential to completely kill all trade as people will want to hang on to their surpluses for the next quest.

Something that might be helpful is a Guild Bank or Store House. People could donate when they have a surplus and those could be used to help others raise the resources for their quests. Just an idea, no idea if it would work.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    No,no,no I do not accept this explanation,it is a non sense as the quests are and you do not understand that.You say the quests are to strengthen the guild while you ask huge amount of resources from several members with rewards of 10 gold coins when we could make 10 or 20 times that amount,this it is destroying the players game and consequently the guild.You need to understand that you are asking the guilds to throw away 1000s of resources for almost no return,so you can't be even think of doing any good for the guilds.
    Seriously the XP you talk about I do not care at all as most of the players don't care,it is not 90XP or even the double that will make a hint of difference on players that need 10000s to level up.
    Try to see the picture,how will care about 1% of the XP needed if have to lose huge amounts of resources???
    Once again I'm asked to give away resources for almost nothing,now it is 600 sausages for 10 gold coins,if I have that in excess I would trade for like 4 or 5 times that amount,but the most of my production goes to my buffs and explorers to find adventures,so if I give that away I not only lose the profits I could make but also I will not have buffs for a part of the day and can't send explorers to find adventures.
    I do refuse to do any of this quests and if this don't stop for sure I will stop to play this game that it is on the way of be something out of non sense,destroy it fi you like but in that case I'll be out,hopefully other will follow!!!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares-1 View Post
    No,no,no I do not accept this explanation,it is a non sense as the quests are and you do not understand that.You say the quests are to strengthen the guild while you ask huge amount of resources from several members with rewards of 10 gold coins when we could make 10 or 20 times that amount,this it is destroying the players game and consequently the guild.You need to understand that you are asking the guilds to throw away 1000s of resources for almost no return,so you can't be even think of doing any good for the guilds.

Seriously the XP you talk about I do not care at all as most of the players don't care,it is not 90XP or even the double that will make a hint of difference on players that need 10000s to level up.

Try to see the picture,how will care about 1% of the XP needed if have to lose huge amounts of resources???

Once again I'm asked to give away resources for almost nothing,now it is 600 sausages for 10 gold coins,if I have that in excess I would trade for like 4 or 5 times that amount,but the most of my production goes to my buffs and explorers to find adventures,so if I give that away I not only lose the profits I could make but also I will not have buffs for a part of the day and can't send explorers to find adventures.

I do refuse to do any of this quests and if this don't stop for sure I will stop to play this game that it is on the way of be something out of non sense,destroy it fi you like but in that case I'll be out,hopefully other will follow!!!
    I think saying people will quit over it is taking it a bit to far.

For me in my guild the current issue with guild quests in there current format is that i have two types of members

1. Willing to accept aid in the form of resource when its freely given (I.e asked for whatever res and since i/we have surplus i/we send for 1 fish/water)
    2. Insist on paying a fair price (I.e wont accept trade unless i find something to take from them)

Until guild quests came along it didn't really matter (other than finding something i didnt really want to take in trade to make people comfortable) yet now to complete the guild quests i will have to force members to play in a way they don't want to.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I posted this elsewhere, but deleted it as I found that maybe it goes better here. Hopefully we can stay constructive in this thread

Ok.. I understand XP being rare.. A little increase, though would be nice. However we wouldn't wanna demand too much, because getting XP too easily will make the game boring and off balance.

However, Just because XP is part of the rewards doesn't mean its all people care about. People seem to do well with adventures, and thus these guild quests probly just seem like a hassle.

I wouldn't mind if XP rewards were kept relatively low(still higher than now), and then have proportionate individual rewards... Or something else entirely. Something new and fun. The thing is, that these quests have to be motivating.

.5% xp just isn't much of an incentive for anyone to give up 3000 tools x_x Specially not for new players. Even well knowing that XP is precious.

Honestly, when the guild quests arrived and I saw the stuff we had to give up, I got really excited, cos I thought this meant that there was some grand price in store for guilds that complete them. But truth is that they feel even worse than normal daily quests, which aren't that interesting to begin with.

And really... a Game is just a mechanism to provide an experience. It doesn't matter how intricate and well thought out the economy and balance is and such. If a game 'feels' wrong to people, then the game IS wrong. You could create the perfect balance, yet if it doesn't translate into the experience you want your game to give people, then t's useless! It's hard work wasted over nothing.

And at the moment the 'experience' of the game just doesn't seem to correspond with what BB seems to be wanting to offer. Sometimes it's hard to kill your darlings, but its necessary.

And yes Im away that BB is going to do changes to the quests now, but they do mention that it wont be for weeks. Which imo is a mistake, as this seems to be a pressing issue, and sadly also seems to cause splits between guilds. And right now the guilds is probably the most precious feature for the game, as its the only 'legit' way that people can truly feel like they are socially active. And these types of games are often played for the social stuff. Not saying everyone did this. I know I tend to like to play solo(yet I still ended up in a guild ). But I do understand at least a tiny bit about these matters.

Anyway I hope everything works out in the end. No doubt the guild quests will eventually reach balance, because if a feature doesn't get used a lot, eventually it will be deprecated. An that would be sad to see happen to the guild quests.

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares-1 View Post
    "I do refuse to do any of this quests and if this don't stop for sure I will stop to play this game that it is on the way of be something out of non sense,destroy it fi you like but in that case I'll be out,hopefully other will follow!!!"

i fully understand and on some of point i even agree. but the last sentence is invalid because :

its plain drama
    nobody cares if you quit
    it does not help the devs

devs told us its going to get fixed, so you ignore it being the best thing to do here . just calm down and ignore until fixed.

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkitune View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, but deleted it as I found that maybe it goes better here. Hopefully we can stay constructive in this thread

Ok.. I understand XP being rare.. A little increase, though would be nice. However we wouldn't wanna demand too much, because getting XP too easily will make the game boring and off balance.

However, Just because XP is part of the rewards doesn't mean its all people care about. People seem to do well with adventures, and thus these guild quests probly just seem like a hassle.

I wouldn't mind if XP rewards were kept relatively low(still higher than now), and then have proportionate individual rewards... Or something else entirely. Something new and fun. The thing is, that these quests have to be motivating.

.5% xp just isn't much of an incentive for anyone to give up 3000 tools x_x Specially not for new players. Even well knowing that XP is precious.

Honestly, when the guild quests arrived and I saw the stuff we had to give up, I got really excited, cos I thought this meant that there was some grand price in store for guilds that complete them. But truth is that they feel even worse than normal daily quests, which aren't that interesting to begin with.

And really... a Game is just a mechanism to provide an experience. It doesn't matter how intricate and well thought out the economy and balance is and such. If a game 'feels' wrong to people, then the game IS wrong. You could create the perfect balance, yet if it doesn't translate into the experience you want your game to give people, then t's useless! It's hard work wasted over nothing.

And at the moment the 'experience' of the game just doesn't seem to correspond with what BB seems to be wanting to offer. Sometimes it's hard to kill your darlings, but its necessary.

And yes Im away that BB is going to do changes to the quests now, but they do mention that it wont be for weeks. Which imo is a mistake, as this seems to be a pressing issue, and sadly also seems to cause splits between guilds. And right now the guilds is probably the most precious feature for the game, as its the only 'legit' way that people can truly feel like they are socially active. And these types of games are often played for the social stuff. Not saying everyone did this. I know I tend to like to play solo(yet I still ended up in a guild ). But I do understand at least a tiny bit about these matters.

Anyway I hope everything works out in the end. No doubt the guild quests will eventually reach balance, because if a feature doesn't get used a lot, eventually it will be deprecated. An that would be sad to see happen to the guild quests.

i agree and like your approch on matter. but you need to ignore until is fixed or adjusted to liking of people. that's all. i think people are going to deep with meaning here.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Billy I really wish you'd stop acting like thread-police. You're not a moderator and It's rather disruptive to the conversations. Why don't you give your own opinion on the matter instead of being so concerned with how people phrase their opinion?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjoel View Post
    devs told us its going to get fixed, so you ignore it being the best thing to do here . just calm down and ignore until fixed.
    uhuh these are the same devs that pushed these quests onto the life servers without severe test feedback. I got some ideas on why, but it would be speculations.
    It is sufficiant to say that the devs either do not understand the balance of their own game. Or they only listen to the feedback of old players that reached lvl50 a long time ago (aka the old core players on german servers they know for a long time) out of habbit.
    Nevermind I give up

World
    Northisle
    Where do you find guild quests ? Or do you have to have a certain size before they appear ? ( My guild is full with 15 members - but I don't see any guild quests ? )

Reply to Thread