Reply to Thread

Thread: Some interface shortcuts (trade, military)

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Some interface shortcuts (trade, military)

I'd like to propose a few minor changes that would make the game, at least in my opinion, more enjoyable to play:

1. Add the possibility to type the desired number of goods in the trade set-up window. The slider is nice, but imprecise, especially if you want to sell 10 cannons and have a stock of hundreds. Likewise, using the slider to get to 110 gold coins is a recurring annoyance. Better add a place where we can type the number, and better still, add to that a drops-down list with the 5 most frequently used amounts for that resource. It will make trading a whole lot less cumbersome.

2. (this applies to the new system only): In the new trade window, the view often resets to the top of the list. This is extremely annoying if you're looking for a resource far down the list and need to do some mental maths to decide if the deal is worth it. 10-to-1 you have to scroll down again to take the trade...

3. Military: please add a button that removes all assigned units from a general. Again, having to put down 5 silders isn't the end of the world, but if you have to do it all the time, it becomes boring. This game shouldn't be boring.
    Also appreciated: give the veteran and battle-hardened generals a color code (a distinct banner or something) that makes then recognizable. Having to search 5 camps to see where your sole veteran has ended up is likewise boring.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hayek,

I suggest you read the developers diary and next time there is a test event take a peak to get your own private sneak-priview
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I don't need a sneak-preview, I'm just saying what I believe are easy improvements to the game. In fact, regarding the trade system, what's on tsotesting servers now is worse than the current due to the list refreshing all the time. And if you say I couldn't be bothered to post twice (that problem there, and the rest here), you're right - but this remains a suggestion forum.

World
    Newfoundland
    on current solution i have to agree. Its horrible due to the updatint.
    But it does have the litle box above the slider where you can enter the numbers
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Also, additional pet-annoyance that's completely unnecessary: when adding settlers to the mayor's house, there's always a delay, and it's long enough to go to the barracks, try to make new recruits, and get a red settler count: the new ones haven't arrived in time. Now lag is unavoidable, but that the routine that checks if there are enough settlers to draft new units doesn't update is avoidable. Just have it check every 0.1 seconds what the current settler count is, cause sliding back and forth to force the update is, again, a waste of playing time.

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree here, game updates slow. Lag is just getting worse.
    Same go's for having to wait for the buildque to update.
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    on current solution i have to agree. Its horrible due to the updatint.
    But it does have the litle box above the slider where you can enter the numbers
    That I hadn't realised yet. Pity the test-server won't let me log in right now.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nt
    Last edited by Qualan; 07.09.12 at 20:34.

Reply to Thread